Job Title: Training Designer
Location: HMS Sultan, Gosport, Hampshire, PO12 3BY. Agile working- 2/3 days a week working in the office so need to be local.
Compensation: Attractive Salary + Benefits
Role Type: Full time / Permanent
Job ID: SF43667
This is your opportunity to join Babcock as a Training Designer. You will be reporting into the Training Design Manager working in a team of 9 to provide a training design service for the Electro-Mechanical Training Contract (EMTC) or other courses as required, in line with Defence training standards and contractual requirements.
Who we are looking for?
We are looking for an all-rounder who is proactive and strives for excellence in the workplace. You will have a keen eye to attention to detail and a flexible approach to work. You will need to have strong communication skills and the ability to help others and work collaborate effectively with the Team.
What will you be doing?
As a Training Designer you will
* Support the Training Design Manager in ensuring effective and efficient delivery of the Training Contract and Projects for Training Design activities.
* Produce and develop the training design documentation in accordance with the Document Upkeep Plan, and newly identified, training requirements.
* Conduct the design, maintenance and revalidation of training documentation to DSAT standards
* Provide SME advice on training design issues and policy
* Monitor assigned courses to maintain accreditation requirements iaw tri-Service and single Service policies.
* Ensure compliance with MoD regulations and procedures
The experience you'll bring
* Experience of Engineering systems and equipment is essential
* Minimum BTEC Level 3, or Ordinary National Certificate (ONC) in the appropriate technical discipline or NVQ Level 3 in Engineering Maintenance systems essential.
* Consolidated experience of DSAT (Defence Systems Approach to Training) desirable but not essential as full training will be given
Experience of Marine and / or Military Engineering systems and equipment
* You can have either come from a mechanical or electrical background
* Demonstrable proficiency in using IT (hardware/software) within the workplace
* We will need you to have an understanding of modern teaching and training solutions essential
* You will need to satisfy security requirements. This may require you to hold or be eligible/capable of achieving 'Security Check' (SC) clearance.
What a role with Babcock offers?
* Generous holiday entitlement
* Competitive money purchase pension scheme with life assurance
* Access to make a difference for a sustainable environment for future
* Share ownership scheme
* A tailored personal development and training programme.
* Autonomy. Trusted and empowered to deliver and be your best.
* We are happy to talk about flexible working. Please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview.
For more than a century, Babcock the Aerospace and Defence Company, has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly-skilled engineering services. We help customers in the UK and around the world to improve the capability, reliability and availability of their most critical assets within the four market sectors of Marine, Land, Aviation, and Nuclear, underpinned by a deep understanding of technology integration, unique infrastructure, and specialist training.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. Click apply to find out more.
All applications should be made online.
We are committed to building an inclusive culture and strive to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know and will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.
Please follow the link when you apply to find out more about how COVID-19 is impacting Recruitment and On-boarding for applicants.
Closing Date: 6th June 2022