Job Title: LTF Driver/Inspector
Location: Warminster, Wiltshire, BA12 0BS
Compensation: £26,035 + Benefits
Role Type: Full time / Permanent
Job ID: SF43513
This is your opportunity to join Babcock as a LTF Driver/ Inspector. You will be responsible for carryout level 1 Inspections of all vehicle types, complete level 1 maintenance repair and identifying of level 2 faults.. You and the team will support authorised Army Training events, you will work closely with the MoD and report in to a Supervisor.
Who we are looking for?
We are looking for a reliable individual who is a great team player but also works well under their own initiative. You will possess good communication skills, both verbally and written.
What will you be doing?
As a LTF Driver/ Inspector you will
* Carry out pre-issue and receipt inspections of vehicles, identifying all Level 1/2 faults.
* Carry out driver and Level 1 Maintenance and Repair tasks from AESP-601 and report any faults in accordance with SOPs.
* Manage Driver Fitted Items (DFI) stock levels and demand accordingly (MJDI) to meet future demand.
* Implement driving tasks including vehicle delivery and collection.
* Carry out internal and external vehicle husbandry.
The experience you'll bring
* Category C or 'C+E'
* Familiar with the Protected Mobility fleet
* Vehicle Fleet Management and logistics experience (preferably MoD)
* We would like you to be a competent IT user
* Must have or have the ability to obtain SC security clearance
What a role with Babcock offers?
* Generous holiday entitlement - 25 days + bank holidays
* Competitive money purchase pension scheme with life assurance
* Share ownership scheme
* Access to make a difference for a sustainable environment for future
* A tailored personal development and training programme.
* Autonomy. Trusted and empowered to deliver and be your best.
* We are happy to talk about flexible working. Please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview.
For more than a century, Babcock, the Aerospace and Defence company, has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly skilled engineering services. We help customers in the UK and around the world to improve the capability, reliability, and availability of their most critical assets within the four market sectors of Marine, Land, Aviation, and Nuclear, underpinned by a deep understanding of technology integration, unique infrastructure, and specialist training.
Babcock DSG is committed to the continual development of its employees and to support this you may be required to undertake activity within your competence or accredited skillset across a variety of roles within your operational function or discipline consistent with your pay band. Additionally, training will be provided where required to broaden your personal competence and skills profile to maximise opportunities for your flexibility, personal development and deployability to provide experience across a range of roles and services we provide to our customers.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. Click apply to find out more.
All applications should be made online.
We are committed to building an inclusive culture and strive to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know and will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.
Please follow the link when you apply to find out more about how COVID-19 is impacting Recruitment and On-boarding for applicants.