Job Title: Stores Operator
Location: Chatham, Kent, ME4 4UX
Compensation: £19,000- £20,000 + Benefits
Role Type: Full time / Permanent
Job ID: SF44284
This is your opportunity to join Babcock International as a Stores Operator. This is a varied role where you will be joining a team of seven and will be looking after all accommodation which will consist of prepping the rooms for students moving in and out. You will also have the responsibility of erecting and dismantling Marquees for events and maintaining the outside areas.
Who we are looking for?
We are looking for a self-motivating and reliable individual who is committed to excellent service delivery in supporting the store. You will be a great communicator, team player and have the ability to use your own initiative.
What will you be doing?
As a Stores Operator you will
* Issue on demand stores and equipment (both Government Furnished Equipment (GFE) and Transferred Assets (TA))
* Maintain IFS Queue Management system and ensure all focus dates are adhered to
* Maintain IFS Inventory Management for all Transferred Assets
* Complete issues, demands, receipts and the replenishment of all items held on account
* Maintain all paperwork relating to stores accounts
* Identify and report to the Stores Supervisor any shortfalls of any commodity that may have an effect on training and/or future requirements
The experience you'll bring
* We will need you to be a quick thinker
* Able to work in a team and autonomously
* IT Literate - Jobs are distributed via computer
* You will need to be willing to work outside in all weather conditions working
* Put through FLT course after probation
* Can do attitude, positive behaviour
* You will need to satisfy security requirements. This may require you to hold or be eligible/capable of achieving 'Security Check' (SC) clearance.
What a role with Babcock offers?
* Generous holiday entitlement
* Competitive money purchase pension scheme with life assurance
* Access to make a difference for a sustainable environment for future
* Share ownership scheme
* A tailored personal development and training programme.
* Autonomy. Trusted and empowered to deliver and be your best.
* We are happy to talk about flexible working. Please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview.
For more than a century, Babcock the Aerospace and Defence Company, has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly-skilled engineering services. We help customers in the UK and around the world to improve the capability, reliability and availability of their most critical assets within the four market sectors of Marine, Land, Aviation, and Nuclear, underpinned by a deep understanding of technology integration, unique infrastructure, and specialist training.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. Click apply to find out more.
All applications should be made online.
We are committed to building an inclusive culture and strive to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know and will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.
Please follow the link when you apply to find out more about how COVID-19 is impacting Recruitment and On-boarding for applicants.
Closing Date: 13th June 2022