An exciting opportunity has arisen in Chadderton for 2 X Warehouse Operatives to join our leading global wholesale distributor client. This is a temporary role paying £9.50 per hour, Monday to Friday, 10.30am - 7pm to start ASAP on a temporary contact initially but could be extended. Please note it is quite likely that workers may be asked to work overtime after their shift which is paid at the correct OT Rates.
**Drug Screening, DBS and Criminal check will be conducted on all successful candidates**
Purpose of the Job
This role will be based in the goods in section of the warehouse working as part of a team under supervisory guidance. Involved in all aspects of shipping, receiving and handling of materials. Ship all daily requirements to meet and exceed customer demand/requirements and very high levels of accuracy.
- Reports to the Warehouse supervisor
- Health and safety: Must ensure that safe working practices as stipulated by the company are adhered to at all times. Undertake any relevant HSE training as required.
- Picking: Accurately collect parts from various locations within the warehouse without introducing errors.
- Packing: To consolidate picked goods in a secure manner for direct shipment to external/internal customers. 100% double check on picked items to achieve very high accuracy levels.
- Despatch: Consolidate packages on the relevant pallet and prepare for collection, i.e. pallet wrapping / loading into carrier cages.
- Goods Inwards: Check deliveries for damage and check against the delivery note to ensure that we have received the correct quantities of the correct products. Using Rf scanners
- Communication: On a day-to-day basis communication between various departments is normal. Responsibility for dealing with day-to-day enquiries in a friendly yet professional manner applies to all logistics staff.
- Operation of a Powered industrial truck is required, if operator holds licence and is authorised.
**Drug Screening, DBS and Criminal check will be conducted on all successful candidates