Job Title: Campaign Lead - Bid Strategy
Location: Remote with UK travel as required
Compensation: Competitive package and bonus + Benefits
Role Type: Permanent
Job ID: SF42853
We are looking for a dynamic and ambitious Business Development professional to lead a major growth campaign for the Support Value Stream. Reporting directly to the Programme Director, you will lead a high performing team of multidisciplinary experts to defend and grow our existing Systems & Equipment business by formulating our bid solutions.
What will you be doing?
Your responsibilities will include:
* Delivery of strategic business growth within the Support Value Stream, through the pro-active pursuit of competitive opportunities across the portfolio
* Actively support both internal (Organic) business growth and smaller adjacent and external "new" market opportunities, ensuring coherence with functional resources, Business development and Strategy
* In co-operation with the Programme Director, develop and deliver a clear strategic campaign strategy to target business opportunities, leveraging Value Stream and wider Babcock capability and expertise
* Provide guidance through experience to Business development, Senior Operational Delivery managers and project managers across the business stream
* Liaison and co-operation with the Bid teams / Business development and account managers working within the other business streams in the value stream
* Developing and presenting governance documentation at relevant gates to senior management
Who we're looking for?
You're someone who brings big ideas and solves complex problems with simple and elegant solutions.
You continuously champion high performance, challenge the status quo, actively seek out different perspectives and speak up. We'll need you to collaborate, make a positive impact each day and be particularly focussed on achieving and delight our customers by providing disruptive, innovative and ambitious proposals.
The experience you'll bring:
A working knowledge of the defence industry and in particular maritime equipment and logistics would be a real advantage
* Relevant experience of developing proposal material, managing resources, co-ordinating with Business development and strategy functions, ensuring successful bid delivery and subsequent transition into Service will all be an advantage.
* Demonstrable Customer facing skills at all levels (including @ MD level and above) is a priority.
* Experience in Business capture, solution development and business winning with demonstrable success in previous roles
* Demonstrate an understanding of key MOD opportunities within the Maritime environment
* Experience and credibility working across Tri Service UK MOD, International markets and ideally civilian industry sectors would be advantageous
In addition, at this level of seniority the position will also be a key part of the wider Programme Leadership Team and play an increasingly active role in its ongoing governance and strategic development. The primary aim will be to grow the Systems & Equipment business stream supporting the growth objectives and targets for Babcock Support.
What a role with Babcock offers?
* Enhanced employment terms and conditions
* Money purchase pension scheme
* Life assurance
* Share ownership scheme
* Occupational health services
* Flexible working hours (only non-industrials)
* Career opportunities, advice and guidance from our Learning & Development teams
* Additional benefits may also apply for Management posts
About Babcock International
For more than a century, Babcock, the Aerospace and Defence Company, has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly-skilled engineering services. We help customers in the UK and around the world to improve the capability, reliability and availability of their most critical assets within the four market sectors of Marine, Land, Aviation and Nuclear, underpinned by a deep understanding of technology integration, unique infrastructure and specialist training.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. Please visit our website to find out more.
All applications should be made online.
We are committed to building an inclusive culture and strive to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know and will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.