I have an exciting opportunity for a Sales Executive - Sea Freight to work for a global transport & logistics company. Looking for an efficient and a customer-centric team member who is driven to exceed growth ambitions in key strategic areas.
As a high performer you will be agile enough to work in multiple focus areas whilst still being able to identify and applicate the relevant tools at your disposal to meet your customer's needs. By fully understanding your customer requirements you will be able to grow share in current customers and acquire brand new business for that will aid you in achieving your clearly defined performance targets.
- Create and develop evolving customers relationships that offer reciprocal value for my client and customer over extended periods of time
- Identifying customer needs and delivering them whilst continuously improving the experience the customer has with my client
- Pipeline Management, development, and administration in line with CoreLOG and "client" expectations set out by your line manager
- Engagement with all necessary internal stakeholders to ensure success on new business and retention of existing portfolio Customers
- Establish and develop a strong internal network
- Compliance with the Sales Process and Account Management Plan
- Responsible for initiating and finalising the On-boarding Process for all new/existing Customers
- Actively plan and co-ordinate your local area sales strategy, ensuring consistent and regular contact is maintained with existing and potential Customers. Ensuring that operational and financial issues are resolved in a timely and efficient manner
- Mandatory use of CoreLOG, CRM tool ensuring it is fully up to date with Activities/Opportunities/Gains/Lost business both current and future on a weekly basis)
- Use of Sales literature such as Proposal Document and Presentation
- Communicate with the internal management on Customers through the Monthly Branch Sales Meeting (Monthly) and Weekly Branch Meeting on Monday/Friday with Branch/Seafreight Managers
- Joint Sales Calls with internal stakeholders in line with (PPR)
QSHE + Security + Dangerous Goods + Wellbeing
- Take care for the health, safety and wellbeing of themselves and others who may be affected by their acts or omissions.
- Cooperate when something is required to be done for safety and health at the workplace.
- Report any hazards, injuries, or ill health to your Local QSHE Manager and/or Line Manager/Supervisor.
- Cooperate with their employer, as far as necessary, to ensure compliance with any statutory health and safety duty.
- Not to interfere with or deliberately misuse anything provided, in accordance with health and safety legislation, to further health and safety at work.
- Understanding, knowledge and ensure compliance with Quality Management System (QMS) in accordance with QSHE Procedures, Airfreight Security, specific working instructions AND customer specific SOPs throughout your area of responsibility.
- Submit ideas and suggestions to improve Quality (including Dangerous Goods process), Health & Safety, Wellbeing, Environment and Security using the TIP Tool under the category "Notifying continuous improvement", using the CARE meetings or report to your Line or QSHE Manager, aiming the continuous improvement.
About you and your experiences:
- Dealing with the branch accounts any movement in unit rate will have a significant impact on the branch P+L
- Understanding changes in process may have an impact on the productivity of the operational team.
- You must be organised and disciplined covering all the needs of your client base whilst evidencing consistent activity by recording everything within Corelog in a timely manner.
- The needs of the clients will differ hugely and this needs to be considered when planning events and entertaining.
- To manage those branch accounts with a GP expectation of 20K or more and a total portfolio of circa 1 million
- To work daily with the operational teams to deliver service excellence
- Proven business to business, face to face sales experience
- Efficient and proactive time management /planning
- Experience of working within a targeted new business environment.
- Experience of working/managing existing Customer portfolios/pipeline.
- Proven experience of establishing/maintaining Internal networks a matrix organisation
- Experience of developing sales leads
- Ability to build customer "value propositions"
- Demonstrating Drive
- Fostering Collaboration
- Driving Business
- Championing Transformation
- Developing Self
- Delivering Customer Excellence level 3
- Strong communicator & networker
- Ambitious to succeed
- Agile problem Solver
- Adaptable & Methodical
- Collaboration behaviours
- Mind set for continuous learning (External trends & internal service offering)
- Full UK approved Driving licence
Up to £50,000 with car and other company benefits