Job Title: Project Engineer
Location: Plymouth - Hybrid
This role requires regular travel to Plymouth on a weekly basis alongside remote working arrangements and access to any Babcock Hub
Compensation: £32,660.00 + Benefits
Role Type: Full time / Permanent
Job ID: SF44421
You will become part of the Major Infrastructure Project Delivery Team, supporting Devonport's Nuclear Infrastructure. The team are currently delivering a multi-million pound facility readiness programme which includes upgrades and improvements to our; civil/structural, mechanical and electrical systems.
Who we are looking for?
We are looking for a Senior/Project Engineer to support the delivery of a variety of engineering packages.
What will you be doing?
* Management and delivery of distinct tasks & activities, by coordinating sub-contractors and other trade groups;
* Assisting with the co-ordination of your project team which will include regular liaison with a broad range of stakeholders such as design engineers, commercial officers, quality assurance, operations and maintenance;
* Supporting the planning and scheduling of project activities;
* Developing control of work information;
* Producing regular and accurate project reports & metrics;
* Managing technical documents'.
The experience you'll bring
* You'll need to hold a minimum of ONC (or equivalent) in a relevant Engineering discipline and / or be able to demonstrate relevant experience of working within the marine / engineering / construction industry.
* Experience of utilising Microsoft Office applications and in handling technical documentation for engineering projects are essential for this post.
You will need to satisfy security requirements. This may require you to hold or be eligible/capable of achieving 'Security Check' (SC) clearance.
What a role with Babcock offers?
* Enhanced employment terms and conditions
* Money purchase pension scheme
* Life assurance
* Share ownership scheme
* Occupational health services
* Flexible working hours (only non-industrials)
* Career opportunities, advice and guidance from our Learning & Development teams
* Additional benefits may also apply for Management posts
About Babcock International and Devonport
For more than a century, Babcock, the Aerospace and Defence Company, has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly-skilled engineering services. We help customers in the UK and around the world to improve the capability, reliability and availability of their most critical assets within the four market sectors of Marine, Land, Aviation, and Nuclear, underpinned by a deep understanding of technology integration, unique infrastructure and specialist training.
You will be based at Devonport Royal Dockyard in Plymouth, Devon. Working at Devonport puts the best of the South West at your fingertips. Amazing scenery, vibrant towns and numerous leisure opportunities - It's why Devon and Cornwall are such a desirable place to live and work.
Comprising of 14 dry docks, four miles of waterfront and 25 tidal berths, Devonport is the base for numerous surface vessels as well as the base and refit centre for the Trafalgar-class nuclear-powered submarines. Devonport has also recently been selected as the base port for the Navy's new Type 26 frigates and will become the maintenance centre for the future submarine programme.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. Click apply to find out more.
All applications should be made online.
We are committed to building an inclusive culture and strive to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know and will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.
Please follow the link when you apply to find out more about how COVID-19 is impacting Recruitment and On-boarding for applicants.
Closing date: 14/06/2022