Job Title: Functional Skills Tutor
Location: MOD Lyneham, Chippenham, GB, SN15 4XX
Compensation: Excellent Remuneration + Benefits
Role Type: Full time, Permanent
Job ID: SF42821
We have an exciting opportunity for you to work within a small team, delivering training to the Royal Armoured Corps (RAC) and taking responsibility for educating soldiers as they move through training, in order to complete their HM Forces Service Person Apprenticeship, with an emphasis on Maths, English and ICT. This is a great opportunity to be part of a valued team and to develop a future career with Babcock International.
Who we are looking for?
We are looking for a Functional Skills Tutor to monitor, inspire and motivate their apprentice's, providing constructive feedback in order to achieve results and support their progression towards completion.
What will you be doing?
Your role will be to provide support, guidance, assessment and monitoring throughout their apprenticeship, from enrolment to completion. As a Tutor you will be responsible for planning works with other Assessors, in order to build an effective time efficient schedule.
Your duties will include:
* Creating and maintaining an effective work plan, keeping abreast of all changes to the Functional Skills programme, while at the same time keeping all stakeholders informed
* Instructing, monitoring, assessing, and testing apprentices at Functional Skill Level 1 & 2 for Maths, English and ICT
* Monitoring student progress
* Conducting post course evaluation sessions
The experience you'll bring:
* Experienced in Teaching Adults engaging in further education
* Appropriate Teaching qualifications
* Level 5 Maths preferable
* Maths & English Grade C or above
* Functional Skills Level 2 - English / Maths & ICT
* You must have or have the ability to obtain enhanced DBS security clearance with Children's Barred List
Should you be successful and invited to interview you will be required to complete a criminal declaration form. Please note this does not disqualify you from the role.
What a role with Babcock offers?
* Generous holiday entitlement
* Competitive money purchase pension scheme with life assurance
* Access to make a difference for a sustainable environment for future
* Share ownership scheme
* A tailored personal development and training programme.
* Autonomy. Trusted and empowered to deliver and be your best.
For more than a century, Babcock, the Aerospace and Defence company, has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly skilled engineering services. We help customers in the UK and around the world to improve the capability, reliability, and availability of their most critical assets within the four market sectors of Marine, Land, Aviation, and Nuclear, underpinned by a deep understanding of technology integration, unique infrastructure, and specialist training.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. Click apply to find out more.
* We believe the position you are applying for is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and as such, should you be invited to interview you will be required to declare all unspent convictions and conditional cautions, and all spent convictions and adult cautions (simple or conditional) that are not 'protected' (i.e. that are not filtered out) as defined by the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975 (as amended in 2020); and
* The position you are applying for may involve engaging in regulated activity with children and/or vulnerable adults and it is a criminal offence to apply for this role if you are barred from working with children and/or vulnerable adults. Given the nature of the role, employment is conditional upon a satisfactory enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check which will include a children's and/or adults' barred list check, and you will be required to provide the necessary identification documents at interview to enable the DBS check to be completed before you commence employment. These identification documents may be different to those required to confirm your right to work in the UK.
All applications should be made online.
We are committed to building an inclusive culture and strive to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know and will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.