Job Title: Multi Skilled Driver
Location: Minley Manor, Fleet, Hampshire, GU17 9JT
Compensation: £21,739.50 - £24,296.22 + Benefits
Role Type: Full time / Permanent
Job ID: SF41345
This is your opportunity to join Babcock as a Multi Skilled Driver. The main purpose of this role is supporting the Royal Engineer troops operating in the field on tactical operations. You will be responsible for providing a transport service, which includes driving a variety of military and civilian vehicles, on and off road.
Who we are looking for?
We are looking for an experienced Multi Skilled Driver who is flexible and able to work in ambiguous situations. You will be resilient and tenacious, with a tendency to persevere in complex situations. You will also possess excellent interpersonal skills and be able to build positive working relationships.
What will you be doing?
* Be transporting eligible personnel and/or equipment to and from the appropriate training exercise or other entitled military duty and ensure their safe carriage
* Driving any one of the multi-disciplined vehicles including the PSV & LGV fleet
* Completing Before, During and After Use Checks
* Performing Level 1 maintenance tasks
* Completing department administrative tasks when required
* Dealing with the day to day customer queries in a professional, positive and enthusiastic manner
* Contributing towards the continuous improvement of the Fleet department
The experience you'll bring
* Educated to GCSE level or equivalent (including Maths & English).
* Experience in working with multi-categorised fleet including PSV, HGV and plant machinery or hold UK driving license Categories: C or C+E and; D1 or D
* Qualified IOSH Working Safely
* Experience in working within military motor transport regulations
* Will train to gain Licences Cat D or C if needed
* You will need to satisfy security requirements. This may require you to hold or be eligible/capable of achieving 'Security Check' (SC) clearance
What a role with Babcock offers?
* Generous holiday entitlement
* Competitive money purchase pension scheme with life assurance
* Access to make a difference for a sustainable environment for future
* Share ownership scheme
* A tailored personal development and training programme.
* Autonomy. Trusted and empowered to deliver and be your best.
* We are happy to talk about flexible working. Please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview.
For more than a century, Babcock the Aerospace and Defence Company, has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly-skilled engineering services. We help customers in the UK and around the world to improve the capability, reliability and availability of their most critical assets within the four market sectors of Marine, Land, Aviation, and Nuclear, underpinned by a deep understanding of technology integration, unique infrastructure, and specialist training.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. Click here to find out more.
All applications should be made online.
We are committed to building an inclusive culture and strive to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know and will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.