Infrastructure Support Specialist - Network Tool Install
We are hiring for our client based in Ireland for Infrastructure Support Specialist - Network Tool Install. The role is a 1-year, fixed term contract.
About our client:
Our client helps global companies run their mission critical systems and operations while modernizing IT, optimizing data architectures, and ensuring security and scalability across public, private and hybrid clouds. The world's largest companies and public sector organizations trust our client to deploy services across the Enterprise Technology Stack to drive new levels of performance, competitiveness, and customer experience.
About the role:
We are looking for a customer-focused and enthusiastic Network Support Technician to provide physical touch support of Network Infrastructure Hardware. You will be supporting a customer who sets high standards for themselves. The applicant should be technically competent, possess excellent written and communication skills and be willing to collaborate effectively and efficiently with the wider Global IT support teams.
- Network Topology / VLAN / IP addressing understanding
- Troubleshooting Network tool install / Tester use
- Disciplined to Maintain up to date inventory of all network devices and associated assets and databases
- Asset tagging / Asset Database / Asset inventory
- Knowledge and experience in structured cabling, wire-management
- Be able to analyse and troubleshoot basic network problems up to an intermediate level.
- Plan and schedule daily tasks according to priority and severity; Use sound judgement on a variety of problems requiring deviation from standard practices; Seek insistence from colleagues where it is required
- Follow directions from Intel manufacturing support to fix the issues that require physical handling of any relevant equipment. Work under the direction of a senior Network Engineers
- Read, understand, and follow basic Network problem diagnosis.
- Maintain switched network environments.
- Endeavour to fix and close all calls assigned to the Networks queues within SLA.
- Ensure that any related ticketed incidents and requests for Networks issues are logged, resolved and the tickets correctly closed in Intel's Event Management System.
- Participate in Project based assignments if required.
- Compliance to site process and procedures
- At least 1 years' experience in a network infrastructure support role is essential
- Understanding and use of basic cisco commands for basis troubleshooting navigation
- Safety Conscious
- Ability to work under limited supervision and own initiative when required
- Planning and Co-ordination skills
- Good problem solving, debugging/troubleshooting skills.
- Good written and verbal communication skills, good interpersonal skills, and have a working knowledge of office personal computer applications
- Good teamwork skills with the confidence to regularly update on progress or help required
- Ability to help resolve any escalations and keep everything on track
- Works with a sense of urgency
- Energetic / motivated and enthusiastic to get the job done
Desirable skills / qualifications:
- CCNA or studying towards CCNA certification is desirable.
Make sure to apply now!