Job Title: Marine Mechanical Engineering Trainer
Location: Gosport - HMS Sultan 1, Hampshire, PO12 3BY
Compensation: £31,650.00- £33,950.00 + Benefits
Role Type: Full time / Permanent
Job ID: SF44028
This is your opportunity to join Babcock as a Marine Mechanical Engineering Trainer. You will be responsible to deliver training within the Marine Mechanical Refrigeration Arena on behalf of DCTT EMTC in line with Company standards and contractual requirements.
Who we are looking for?
We are looking for an experienced individual and an all-rounder who is proactive and has a 'can do' attitude. You will need excellent interpersonal skills to communicate with customers efficiently and the ability to prioritise your work effectively. You will need to be an effective communicator, both verbally and written.
What will you be doing?
Your main duties will include
* To train within the Engine Workshop, theoretical and practical technical training on Mechanical engineering techniques, complex systems routines, maintenance, diagnostics and repair techniques to the equipment and systems of RN warships and other Navies vessels in accordance with the Training Plan and Sultan standard procedures.
* To maintain and update training documentation as directed by DTM and to assist others as requested.
* To assess trainee course work and provide feedback on performance
* To be responsible for the duty of care of trainees during the delivery of training.
* To carry out the level 0 and level 1 training equipment maintenance for which suitable qualifications and experience are held.
The experience you'll bring
* We will need you to have proven Mechanical Experience
* Minimum Level 3 Apprenticeship
* You will need to work collaboratively with colleagues and others within and outside the organisation professionally
* Excellent Communication and presentation skills
* You will need to Demonstrate a commitment to continuing professional development (CPD)
* You will need to satisfy security requirements. This may require you to hold or be eligible/capable of achieving 'Security Check' (SC) clearance.
What a role with Babcock offers?
* Generous holiday entitlement
* Competitive money purchase pension scheme with life assurance
* Access to make a difference for a sustainable environment for future
* Share ownership scheme
* A tailored personal development and training programme.
* Autonomy. Trusted and empowered to deliver and be your best.
* We are happy to talk about flexible working. Please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview.
For more than a century, Babcock the Aerospace and Defence Company, has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly-skilled engineering services. We help customers in the UK and around the world to improve the capability, reliability and availability of their most critical assets within the four market sectors of Marine, Land, Aviation, and Nuclear, underpinned by a deep understanding of technology integration, unique infrastructure, and specialist training.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. Click apply to find out more.
All applications should be made online.
We are committed to building an inclusive culture and strive to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know and will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.
Please follow the link when you apply to find out more about how COVID-19 is impacting Recruitment and On-boarding for applicants.
Closing Date: 8th June 2022