Job Title: Assessor Coach
Location: Nottingham, Derbyshire & Leicestershire, GB - Hybrid
Compensation: Attractive salary + Vehicle + Benefits
Role Type: Full time / Permanent
Job ID: SF44131
This role can be delivered from Nottingham, Derbyshire & Leicestershire areas and offers Hybrid working arrangement.
Are you an experienced automotive technician and/or Apprenticeship Assessor/Coach? This is an amazing opportunity to pass on your skills and knowledge, in order to support the apprentice programme for learners as well as providing sufficient support for our workplace dealership mentors. This is a fantastic opportunity to be part of a valued team and develop a future career with Babcock International.
Babcock International Group is a FTSE 250 business and is the UK's leading engineering support services organisation.
Our Skills & Learning business is one of the UK's largest private sector providers of vocational and skills training. We work in partnership major employers across the Service and Engineering sectors to help develop their people.
Who we are looking for?
You will be a flexible and adaptable person with the desire to share knowledge, motivate and encourage learning, using your highly positive and solution focussed attitude. Great interpersonal and communication skills are of course key, along with good time management and attention to detail.
What will you be doing?
As the Assessor Coach you will play a key role in managing a case load of apprentices progressing through their qualification, providing support within in the workplace in order to gain competency in the automotive industry. This role will involve delivering a range of technical courses via a three year training programme, providing both virtual and face to face coaching and guidance to our learners to ensure high quality and our values are maintained.
Your duties will include:
* Collaborate with employers and workplace mentors to establish learner readiness for the apprenticeship standards gateways and End Point Assessment
* Offer support and professional knowledge to the workplace mentor to confirm learner skills, knowledge and behaviours
* Continuously monitor the progress of learners assigned to your caseload, identifying learners at risk and ensuring appropriate supporting interventions are put in place to enable a successful apprenticeship outcome.
* Ensure all apprentices are in a safe working environment by conducting regular welfare reviews, annual H&S site assurance checks and reporting any H&S concerns via CPOMS.
The experience you'll ideally bring
* Previously worked in automotive industry - technical knowledge
* Most current assessors are ex technicians/after sales
* Qualifications required:
o Coaching qualification (ILM)
o Award in Education and Training
o L2 Maths, English & ICT Functional Skills
* Technical knowledge within the automotive industry
* Must have or have the ability to obtain Enhanced DBS security clearance with Children's and Adults' Barred List check
Should you be successful and invited to interview you will be required to complete a criminal declaration form. Please note this does not disqualify you from the role.
What a role with Babcock offers?
* Generous holiday entitlement
* Company vehicle
* Competitive money purchase pension scheme with life assurance
* Flexible work life balance
* Share ownership scheme
* Personal development and training provided
* Autonomy. Trusted and empowered to deliver and be your best.
About Babcock Training
With a rich history of service excellence, Babcock is a trusted name across the training and apprenticeships market. We have an enviable track record in delivering intelligent and compelling workforce development solutions and are one of the UK's largest and most reputable training providers.
Our solutions range from bespoke, employer-led apprenticeship programmes to pioneering digital simulations and we work closely with all of our customers to reflect their organisational needs. Supporting both private and public sector businesses, a customer focused solution is at the heart of who we are, consistently putting the employer brand at the forefront of programme design.
As one of the UK's largest apprenticeship providers, we offer apprenticeships at multiple levels in engineering with particular expertise in the rail, automotive, nuclear and energy industries as well as the British Army and Emergency Services. We also deliver apprenticeships across retail, hospitality, active leisure, adult care, automotive, business, customer service, early years care and warehousing sectors.
Having delivered apprenticeships for over 20 years we have developed an enviable reputation across the marketplace, delivering high quality solutions for employers and apprentices alike.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. Click apply to find out more.
* We believe the position you are applying for is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and as such, should you be invited to interview you will be required to declare all unspent convictions and conditional cautions, and all spent convictions and adult cautions (simple or conditional) that are not 'protected' (i.e. that are not filtered out) as defined by the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975 (as amended in 2020); and
* The position you are applying for may involve engaging in regulated activity with children and/or vulnerable adults and it is a criminal offence to apply for this role if you are barred from working with children and/or vulnerable adults. Given the nature of the role, employment is conditional upon a satisfactory enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check which will include a children's and/or adults' barred list check, and you will be required to provide the necessary identification documents at interview to enable the DBS check to be completed before you commence employment. These identification documents may be different to those required to confirm your right to work in the UK.
All applications should be made online.
We are committed to building an inclusive culture and strive to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know and will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.
Please follow the link when you apply to find out more about how COVID-19 is impacting Recruitment and On-boarding for applicants.
Closing Date: 15th June 2022