Job Title: Mechanical Fitter / Turner
Location: Coulport, Helensburgh, GB, G84 0PD
Compensation: £32,422 + Benefits
Role Type: Full time / Permanent
Role ID: SF40416
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of an experienced team and advance your knowledge and broaden your experience working on a wide variety of different Surface Support Equipment (SSE) and Facility Equipment, and, when required the Quality Control inspection operations and activities within the maintenance support and equipment maintenance building.
Who we are looking for?
We are looking for a Mechanical Fitter / Turner who will undertake mechanical fitting activities utilising their skill set determining the best way to investigate, rectify and repair faults and carry out alterations and modifications. Also understand plans, drawings or sketches, working out material requirements then building to plan and manufacturing facility production aids, jigs, fixtures and bespoke items as required using workshop machinery such as lathes, grinding, engraving, milling machines and radial drills.
What will you be doing?
* Carrying out planned and preventative maintenance, defect identification and repair activities to Surface Support Equipment (SSE), facility support equipment and workshop machinery.
* Carrying out alterations and modifications to SSE and facility support equipment as required.
* Ensure that work is carried out in line with current processes, all required documentation completed and make suggestions on improving systems and processes to increase productivity and safety in accordance with set objectives and timescales.
* Work within all H&S legislation, Safe Systems Of Work and control of work processes in accordance with Clyde policies.
* Undertake mentoring where required to personnel in the operation & maintenance of Surface Support Equipment (SSE) and Facility systems and equipment.
The experience you'll bring
* Previous Mechanical Fitter / Turner experience within an estates, maintenance or engineering environment.
* Recognised Mechanical Engineering or Fitter Turner Apprenticeship qualified to SVQ Level 3 (or NVQ and C&G equivalent).
* You will be able to understand and read drawings and have the ability to think on your feet and problem solve with a high attention to detail and fault finding.
* Ability to demonstrate attention to detail and a focus on producing high-quality work to meet rigorous acceptance standards.
* Experience of Maintenance Procedures, Risk, and COSHH assessments and Safe Systems of Work with excellent team working and interpersonal skills.
* You must be able to achieve the appropriate security clearance level for this role
What a role with Babcock offers?
* Generous holiday entitlement
* 4.5 day working week
* Overtime opportunities
* Pension Plan
* Share Ownership Scheme
* Access to make a difference for a sustainable environment for future
* A tailored personal development and training programme.
* Autonomy. Trusted and empowered to deliver and be your best.
For more than a century, Babcock, the Aerospace and Defence company, has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly skilled engineering services. We help customers in the UK and around the world to improve the capability, reliability, and availability of their most critical assets within the four market sectors of Marine, Land, Aviation, and Nuclear, underpinned by a deep understanding of technology integration, unique infrastructure, and specialist training.
HM Naval Base Clyde is located 6 miles north of Helensburgh in the West of Scotland. We are well placed for commuter links to Glasgow and the wider region, but it is recommended for employees to travel by car due to the location.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. Click apply to find out more.
All applications should be made online.
We are committed to building an inclusive culture and strive to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know and will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.
Please follow the link when you apply to find out more about how COVID-19 is impacting Recruitment and On-boarding for applicants..
Closing Date: 20th June 2022