On behalf of our growing client based in Milton Keynes, Manpower are pleased to be recruiting for Production Operatives to join them on a temporary to permanent basis.
This is a hands-on role with an immediate start!
The role of the Production Operator is to co-ordinate the safe and efficient running of the production line, including the control of packing and quality of the components being made.
Hours of work:
Friday-Monday 8pm - 8am.
You will work the same 4 days on and then 3 days off each week
45 minute lunch break - unpaid, and also 2 x 20 minute breaks that are paid.
Monday - Friday from 9.00am to 5.00pm is at basic rate £9.50
Remaining weekday hours are paid at 1 & 1/3 time
Saturday from 8.00am to 9.15pm is paid at 1 & ½ time
Sunday is paid at double time
This gives you the potential to earn over £200 a day!!
- The company offer fantastic opportunities to progress within in the business and combined free training courses with Manpower to help you achieve your career progression goals with the best possible support!!
- 2 weeks off over the Christmas period!
- Fresh fruit in the canteen 3 times a week.
- Free Hot Chocolate, Milk and coffee
- Free Ice creams during the summer
- Option to wear shorts during the warmer weather
- A 4 day working week!
- Weekly pay whilst a temporary member of staff
- Operate within and help maintain, monitor and drive forward Health and Safety practices and ethos.
- Ensure part quality from the moulding machines is to the correct standards.
- Support the efficient running of production lines.
- Contribute to ongoing continuous improvement projects
- Ensure that site records and reports are maintained and kept up to date.
- Production Operators will be able to work with a high level of autonomy and will assist management with day to day running of the factory.
- All operations and duties conducted must be carried out with the Health and Safety of all staff/visitors/contactors and company property as the highest priority
- Operate within and help maintain / monitor and drive forward site Environment, Health and Safety policies, procedures and ethos.
- Ensure good standard of housekeeping on production lines and within the factory by maintaining a "Clean as you Go" approach.
- Collection of empty bins/pallets to support the packing of finished goods on the lines
- Make-up of cartons / boxes for the packing of finished goods
- Ensure packs / boxes are correctly labelled
- Packing the pallets / boxes according to the required standards
- Sealing and closing the packs.
- Scanning and booking the finished packs into stock
- Correct issuing of WIP materials (work in progress), including wadding materials, to production lines
- Using company specific scanning software to ensure accurate traceability of all stock
- Adherence to all quality-controlled documents, policies and procedures including SWP, SOP and WIP's
- Maintaining production traceability documentation
- Ensure part quality from the moulding machines is to the correct standards
- Completion of controlled documentation and production records e.g. machine downtime logs to company standards & procedures
- Effective time management, focus and communication are required.
- Communicate and work with all teams including management, warehouse, maintenance, and quality to meet goals with the overall running of the factory
Environment / Culture:
Fast paced, continuously changing and challenging environment where a high level of delivery and detail focus is required.
Basic Requirements and Qualifications:
In addition to the items above a Production Operator will have:
- Relevant experience of working in a factory
- A logical and methodical approach to their duties
Production Operators will be expected to support and work at all 3 of our client's sites when required.
If you are looking for a long term, permanent opportunity with a company that encourage progression and growth, apply now!