Location: Rainham, Essex, GB, RM13 8HY
Compensation: £26,000 + Benefits
Role Type: Full Time, Permanent
Job ID: SF43007
We have a great opportunity for a Receptionist to join our business, providing a high level of service delivery to our clients by managing the reception area in a professional and efficient manner, while at the same time developing a future career with Babcock International.
Who we are looking for?
You will ideally come from a motor trade background however, a professional, customer orientated individual with good communication skills as well as excellent organisation skills are all key attributes in securing this role.
What will you be doing?
* Managing all calls by answering and transferring calls to relevant departments, taking messages where necessary.
* Monitoring CCTV and security access controls.
* Meeting and greeting visitors, ensuring they have correctly signed in for health and safety purposes.
* Responsibility for the co-ordination of incoming and outgoing post, arranging couriers where necessary.
* Carrying out basic workshop support, key reading, job card creation.
* Managing and coordinating stationary ordering for all departments including PPE.
The experience you'll bring
You will need previous experience within a customer facing administration or receptionist role.
We would also like you to have the following:
* Educated to GCSE level or equivalent.
* Excellent organisational skills with the ability to prioritise effectively and deliver in a complex environment.
* Excellent attention to detail with the ability to identify and rectify mistakes.
* A proactive approach with the ability to work well in a team.
* Takes responsibility and demonstrates initiative.
* Able to diffuse customer conflict and ability to drive standards/improvements.
Lastly, you must have or have ability to obtain NPPV security clearance.
What a role with Babcock offers?
- Generous holiday entitlement
- Competitive money purchase pension scheme with life assurance
- Share ownership scheme
- Access to make a difference for a sustainable environment for future
- A tailored personal development and training programme.
- Autonomy. Trusted and empowered to deliver and be your best.
- We are happy to talk about flexible working. Please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview.
For more than a century, Babcock, the Aerospace and Defence company, has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly skilled engineering services. We help customers in the UK and around the world to improve the capability, reliability, and availability of their most critical assets within the four market sectors of Marine, Land, Aviation and Nuclear, underpinned by a deep understanding of technology integration, unique infrastructure, and specialist training.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, we need to ensure that our recruitment processes are regularly reviewed and adapted, as required, to ensure we're compliant with the latest government advice. We are striving to protect both our current and future employees by acting in a responsible way which reflects the restrictions we face.
To find out more about how COVID-19 is impacting Recruitment and On-boarding for applicants please visit our website.
All applications should be made online. Please use a desktop PC or laptop to create your account and apply for a job. Once you've completed this you'll be able to apply to jobs from mobile devices. If you experience difficulties please visit our careers page.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages please let us know and will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. We recognise the value that Serving Personnel, both Regular and Reserves, Veterans, Uniformed Cadet Instructors and Service Families contribute to our business and the United Kingdom. As part of the Covenant, Babcock offers Reservists and Uniformed Cadet Instructors up to 2 week's special paid leave to help them meet their commitments. To find out more please visit our website.
Closing Date: 13th June 2022