Your experience as an Assembly & Test Technician will prove to be vital to my client. My client is a leader in the production of high quality and technically advanced equipment.
- To assemble valves utilising machined and purchased components which are compliant to drawing against the production plan.
- Functionally test assembled valves and associated control equipment in accordance ensuring compliance to specification.
- To undertake activities to support the assembly and testing of valves.
- Prepare valves in readiness for dispatch in line with the production plan.
- Shrink fitting of components using Liquid Nitrogen
- Minor modification of components using power tools and offline machine(s) as corrective action
- Pressure Testing valves using associated control equipment in accordance with current procedures
- Reporting and recording of Non-Conformance relating to valves, test procedures or/and test equipment
- Maintenance of test equipment
- Feedback to Engineering Department any test/assembly process improvement ideas
Experience and preferred qualifications
- A minimum of two years' experience working in a manufacturing/engineering discipline,
- OND/HND/HNC in a mechanical engineering discipline desirable
- Experience of using and calibrating Test Equipment
- Mechanical assembly techniques/capabilities/workshop practices
- Experience of assembling heavy components
- Able to read and understand engineering drawings
Assembly & Test Technician