Manpower is currently working with a world leading systems provider for enclosures, power distribution, climate control, IT infrastructure and software & services, based in Plymouth, who due to growth have a new opportunity for a Controls Engineer to join the Maintenance team on a permanent basis.
This is a day shift position, working 08:00-16:30 Monday-Friday, with a salary of up to £37,000 (DOE) plus overtime availability, and a great benefits package. The company also offers training, development, and advancement opportunity as well as discretionary bonus payments.
As our Controls Engineer you'll ideally possess a high level of ability within PLC and HMI programming, motion control set up, and commissioning activities and have several years' experience in Control/Automation Engineering, particularly the design of safety related functions and control circuits, and the building of control panels. You will also have completed an apprenticeship (NVQ L3) or possess an ONC (or equivalent) in an appropriate Electrical Engineering discipline and be familiar with safe working practises within an engineering environment.
Day to day your responsibilities will include:
- Applying problem solving and continuous improvement, recommending and implementing improvements to maximise equipment availability and performance, reduce repetitive operator tasks, improve quality, and reduce waste.
- Identifying obsolete components, sourcing alternatives, and designing modifications to enable upgrades.
- Design and build of new control panels, and installing on machinery
- Maintaining and applying a level of technical expertise across the site, sufficient to act as a point of reference for team members & colleagues, to resolve complex problems and give technical direction.
- Supporting the introduction of new machinery from specification to company standards through to FAT.
- Analysing downtime faults and causes and creating effective PPM and TPM activities.
- Contributing to problem solving workshops, providing automation expertise to identify root causes of failures and the subsequent improvement actions
- Sourcing and procurement of spare components
- Maintaining back-ups of all control systems parameters and programs. PLC, HMI, drives, inverters, etc
- Reviewing and documenting machinery PUWER, safety RA, SOP's, etc.
If all of the above sounds like the kind of opportunity you're looking for, and you can demonstrate the required skills and experience then please do not hesitate to apply, or get in touch with me today.
I look forward to your application!
07483 941 472
Please note this client is not able to provide sponsorship for applicants who do not hold full right to work in the UK.