Design Integration Manager
Location: Devonport, Plymouth
Salary: £55,000 - £70,000
Role Type: Full Time, Permanent
Exciting role on offer for a seasoned design manager where you can work with and integrate different engineering disciplines on major infrastructure projects.
Who we are looking for?
We are looking for someone with a diverse design background that has capability to interface with different engineering discipline teams to ensure designs are perfectly integrated.
Ideally you will have a focus around layouts from a structural / civil engineering perspective, however any relevant design management experience can be considered.
The right person will be need to be highly diligent and be able to think unilaterally.
What will you be doing?
- You'll be involved with delivery of designs for major multi-disciplinary infrastructure projects in particular in the defence and nuclear sectors. In addition a general awareness of submarine and surface ship maintenance processes would be advantageous.
- As this is a technical Client Design Management role, where the Client is the Principal Designer, you will be leading an Integration team who support the Integration of a number of externally produced designs.
- Be working within an integration team who are also responsible for Overall Facility Layout, the capability of that Layout to deliver the submarine maintenance capability, the management of the Health, Safety and Environment aspects of the overall design, the management of the Human Factors aspects, and leading the overall facility Fire Engineering and Security strategies.
- You will also be required to input to the development of design processes within the wider Major Infrastructure Projects context (for example Interface Management System development).
The Experience you'll bring
You will have a solid design management background, ideally from a civil, structural, MEP or architectural background. Previous experience of facility infrastructure is ideal.
You will need to hold a minimum of HND or Degree in an appropriate engineering discipline.
Holding chartered status or working towards is desirable.
What a role with Babcock offers?
* Enhanced employment terms and conditions
* Money purchase pension scheme
* Life assurance
* Share ownership scheme
* Occupational health services
* Flexible working hours (only non-industrials)
* Career opportunities, advice and guidance from our Learning & Development teams
* Additional benefits may also apply for Management posts
About Babcock International and Devonport
For more than a century, Babcock, the Aerospace and Defence Company, has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly-skilled engineering services. We help customers in the UK and around the world to improve the capability, reliability and availability of their most critical assets within the four market sectors of Marine, Land, Aviation and Nuclear, underpinned by a deep understanding of technology integration, unique infrastructure and specialist training.
You will be based at Devonport Royal Dockyard in Plymouth, Devon. Working at Devonport puts the best of the South West at your fingertips. Amazing scenery, vibrant towns and numerous leisure opportunities - It's why Devon and Cornwall are such a desirable place to live and work.
Comprising of 14 dry docks, four miles of waterfront and 25 tidal berths, Devonport is the base for numerous surface vessels as well as the base and refit centre for the Trafalgar-class nuclear-powered submarines. Devonport has also recently been selected as the base port for the Navy's new Type 26 frigates and will become the maintenance centre for the future submarine programme.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant.
All applications should be made online.
We are committed to building an inclusive culture and strive to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know and will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.