Location: Portsmouth - Hybrid
Compensation: Attractive Salary + Benefits
Role Type: Full Time / Permanent
We have an exciting opportunity for a Banking Administrator to join our business based here in Portsmouth. In this hybrid working role you'll be undertaking cash based transactional processing services, reporting into the Treasury and Transactional Manager. You'll be responsible for the production of the cash position in respect to bank transactions, maintaining bank mandates and additional information keeping an up-to-date listing of all signatories.
This role requires regular travel to Portsmouth on a weekly basis alongside remote working arrangements and access to any Babcock Hub.
Who we are looking for?
Through strong customer focus you'll be able to provide excellent personal assistance in meeting customer requirements in a friendly and approachable manner. As well as using professional and effective co-operation you will assist in the identification of improvement opportunities concerning services provided.
What will you be doing?
- Bank reconciliations
- Bank signatory/mandate information
- Manual payments administration
- Direct Debit/Standing Order requests
- Ad-hoc analysis in support of the team and the Treasury & Transactional Manager
- Performance statistics relating to the status of activities within cash & expenses administration, throughput of workload and other target related reporting as agreed through the Service Level Agreements.
- Identify opportunities for continuous improvement of the services provided ensuring engagement with individuals who can validate and progress those opportunities.
The experience you'll bring
You will need experienced in banking platform administration and management.
You will also need the following:
- Ability to present and explain data clearly & concisely.
- Ability to ensure deadlines and targets are achieved or surpassed.
- Knowledge of VAT and Cash Management.
- Significant experience in the use of Microsoft Office 365 including Excel including pivot tables, Word and Outlook.
- Experience of SAP, IFS, TMS and Navision (Beneficial - training can be provided).
Lastly, you must hold or have the ability to obtain SC security clearance.
What a role with Babcock offers?
- Generous holiday entitlement
- Pension Plan
- Access to make a difference for a sustainable environment for future
- A tailored personal development and training programme.
- Autonomy. Trusted and empowered to deliver and be your best.
Babcock Corporate Services (BCS) is a global function, with our largest site being Lakeside in Portsmouth, but we operate from multiple sites around the world. BCS supplies and operates all IT, security, procurement, and finance Shared Services. We are embedded alongside the operations that we serve, enabling us to maintain close working relationships that support delivery to our customers. We drive standardisation, simplification and automation across Babcock, to help generate sustainable value for the group and our external customers.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, we need to ensure that our recruitment processes are regularly reviewed and adapted, as required, to ensure we're compliant with the latest government advice. We are striving to protect both our current and future employees by acting in a responsible way which reflects the restrictions we face.
To find out more about how COVID-19 is impacting Recruitment and On-boarding for applicants please visit our website.
All applications should be made online. Please use a desktop PC or laptop to create your account and apply for a job. Once you've completed this you'll be able to apply to jobs from mobile devices. If you experience difficulties please visit our careers page.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages please let us know and will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. We recognise the value that Serving Personnel, both Regular and Reserves, Veterans, Uniformed Cadet Instructors and Service Families contribute to our business and the United Kingdom. As part of the Covenant, Babcock offers Reservists and Uniformed Cadet Instructors up to 2 week's special paid leave to help them meet their commitments. To find out more please visit our website.
Closing Date: 20th June 2022