Manpower is currently working with a world leading systems provider for enclosures, power distribution, climate control, IT infrastructure and software & services, based in Plymouth, who due to growth have a new opportunity for a Maintenance Engineer to join the Maintenance Team on a permanent basis.
This is a day/evening shift position, working 15:00-23:00, Monday to Friday, with a salary of £37,628. The company offers a monthly bonus scheme, a Christmas bonus, flexible working arrangements as well as strong support in training, development and advancement, as well as life insurance and cycle to work scheme.
You will be part of a well-established team maintaining all site plant and equipment including Power Presses, laser cutting, punch machines, automated production lines, robots, paint plant and assembly lines.
Day to day your key responsibilities will include,
- Applying problem solving and continuous improvement, recommending and implementing improvements to maximise equipment availability and performance, reduce repetitive operator tasks, improve quality and reduce waste.
- Analysing downtime faults and causes, and creating effective PPM and TPM activities.
- Diagnosing faults and carrying out repairs on electrical, hydraulic, pneumatic systems.
- Prioritising workload to ensure prompt response to breakdowns and completion of PPM to schedule.
- Recording all activities on CMMS
- Completing electrical installations, improvement project work, and providing technical assistance to the Industrial Engineering dept.
- Ensuring all work performed complies with all aspects of the Health & Safety at Work legislation and the company Health & Safety policy
As a Maintenance Engineer You'll be highly proactive, able to respond promptly to issues, and to effectively prioritise tasks and make decisions in a fast paced and demanding environment.
You'll be an excellent communicator who is comfortable liaising with all levels of the organisation and able to build productive working relationships. You'll be able to self-direct and motivate when working alone, and able to work as part of a team when required to get the task done.
Ideally, you'll have completed an apprenticeship (NVQ L3) or possess an ONC in an appropriate engineering discipline, and have experience within a processing, manufacturing, or similar environment.
You'll have knowledge of electrical control and safety systems and be able to take a logical approach to fault finding, and experience of variable speed motor control systems and inverters/servo drives, and be confident with PLC programming and able to make minor modifications to ladder logic.
You'll also computer literate, familiar with Microsoft office systems and have good awareness of Health & Safety regulations.
If all of the above sounds like the kind of opportunity you're looking for, and you can demonstrate the required skills and experience then please do not hesitate to apply, or get in touch with me today.
I look forward to your application!
07483 941 472