Job Title: Aircraft Technician
Location: Liverpool, Merseyside, GB, L37 7AD
Compensation: £ 27,050.40 + Benefits
Role Type: Full time / Permanent
Job ID: SF41874
An exciting opportunity to join a well-established contract providing class leading support to the UK Ministry of Defence. An interesting, dynamic and rewarding role utilising specialist skills whilst operating within a small team, albeit being part of a much bigger International organisation.
Who we are looking for?
We are looking for an Aircraft Technician to support all aircraft engineering, line and depth maintenance.
What will you be doing?
- Scheduled servicing and corrective maintenance all other engineering related activities and services on company aircraft and equipment
- Check A maintenance as required to meet or exceed customer expectations and LAFT2 contractual needs at all times.
- General duties as required, including (but not limited to), aircraft cleaning, housekeeping, flight-line operations i.e. Preparation of aircraft for daily flying, "see-in" and "see-off", fuel and oil replenishment and other responsibilities as allocated by the LAE.
The experience you'll bring
* Recognised Aircraft Apprenticeship, Military experience or NVQ level 3 or equivalent
* Ability to demonstrate practical and theoretical standards required
* Driving Licence
* Aircraft engineering experience
* Knowledge of MOD Engineering procedures/documentation
* Sound understanding of partnering and alliance between customer and contract.
You must be able to achieve the appropriate security clearance level for this role.
What a role with Babcock offers?
* Generous holiday entitlement
* Pension Plan
* Access to make a difference for a sustainable environment for future
* A tailored personal development and training programme.
* Autonomy. Trusted and empowered to deliver and be your best.
For more than a century, Babcock, the Aerospace and Defence company, has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly skilled engineering services. We help customers in the UK and around the world to improve the capability, reliability, and availability of their most critical assets within the four market sectors of Marine, Land, Aviation, and Nuclear, underpinned by a deep understanding of technology integration, unique infrastructure, and specialist training.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. Click apply to find out more.
All applications should be made online.
We are committed to building an inclusive culture and strive to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know and will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.
Please follow the link when you apply to find out more about how COVID-19 is impacting Recruitment and On-boarding for applicants.
Closing Date: 20/06/2022