Job Title: Project Manager
Location: Plymouth, Devon, GB, PL1 4SG
Compensation: £45,089.00 + Benefits
Role Type: Full time / Permanent
Job ID: SF42914
An opportunity has arisen in the Estates Project Department for a Project Manager to work in Devonport. The Estates Project Department is responsible for delivering extensive and diverse infrastructure upgrades and improvements across the entire Devonport Site and beyond. A significant, recent commitment to invest in site improvement necessitates expansion of the existing core team to accommodate delivery.
Who we are looking for?
We are looking for a Project Manager with good communication skills and the ability to deal with Senior Management and both Babcock and MOD Senior Stakeholders.
What will you be doing?
Managing a suit of projects across the Devonport site for all aspects of the infrastructure upgrades currently occurring on site. This will include updating programmes and financially managing each project at all stages of its process.
The experience you'll bring
* HNC in an engineering subject or an appropriate APM qualification. This may however be formally wavered for a period depending on the level of experience or specific capability.
* Significant experience within a project management function and the delivery of infrastructure projects.
* Able to demonstrate a high level of organisation with the ability to self-manage and produce information and output reports with little guidance.
* Good knowledge of APM philosophy and is an advance user of Microsoft Office suit software.
You will need to satisfy security requirements. This may require you to hold or be eligible/capable of achieving 'Security Check' (SC) clearance.
What a role with Babcock offers?
* Enhanced employment terms and conditions
* Money purchase pension scheme
* Life assurance
* Share ownership scheme
* Occupational health services
* Flexible working hours (only non-industrials)
* Career opportunities, advice and guidance from our Learning & Development teams
* Additional benefits may also apply for Management posts
About Babcock International and Devonport
For more than a century, Babcock, the Aerospace and Defence Company, has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly-skilled engineering services. We help customers in the UK and around the world to improve the capability, reliability and availability of their most critical assets within the four market sectors of Marine, Land, Aviation, and Nuclear, underpinned by a deep understanding of technology integration, unique infrastructure and specialist training.
You will be based at Devonport Royal Dockyard in Plymouth, Devon. Working at Devonport puts the best of the South West at your fingertips. Amazing scenery, vibrant towns and numerous leisure opportunities - It's why Devon and Cornwall are such a desirable place to live and work.
Comprising of 14 dry docks, four miles of waterfront and 25 tidal berths, Devonport is the base for numerous surface vessels as well as the base and refit centre for the Trafalgar-class nuclear-powered submarines. Devonport has also recently been selected as the base port for the Navy's new Type 26 frigates and will become the maintenance centre for the future submarine programme.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. Click apply to find out more.
All applications should be made online.
We are committed to building an inclusive culture and strive to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know and will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.
Please follow the link when you apply to find out more about how COVID-19 is impacting Recruitment and On-boarding for applicants.
Closing date: 20/06/2022