Job Title: Trainer (Electronic) (Academic Training Group)
Location: Gosport - HMS Sultan 1, Hampshire, PO12 3BY
Compensation: Attractive Salary + Benefits
Role Type: Full time / Permanent
Job ID: SF44020
This is your opportunity to join Babcock as a Trainer (Electronic). This is a customer facing role where you will be joining a team of 22 and will be responsible for the delivery of Academic course modules to up to 24 trainees and students. You will also assist with the technical administration of training and equipment in line with the DCTT EMTC and as directed by the Department Training Manager.
Who we are looking for?
We are looking for an experienced individual and an all-rounder who is proactive and has a 'can do' attitude. You will need excellent interpersonal skills to interact effectively and the ability to prioritise your work effectively. You will need to be an effective communicator, both verbally and written.
What will you be doing?
Your main duties will include
* To deliver academic technical and laboratory assignment training modules, including mathematics to trainees/students in line with the DCTT EMTC Course Documentation and as directed by the DTM, including both distributed training and distance learning.
* To advise Training Design where training material requires updating or is inadequate in some way and to provide SME input to training design as required.
* Maintain personal CPD portfolio in respect of new technologies and equipment, and new training delivery methodologies.
* Ensure that lesson plans and training sessions are developed in accordance with the approved syllabi.
* Assessment of trainees to include: creation of written examination papers, creation of practical assessments and marking.
* Provide coaching and mentoring of students/trainees to ensure maximum benefit from the courses are achieved and high passed rates are met.
The experience you'll bring
* Must have a related degree
* If no relevant degree will need proven electronic engineering experience
* Local transport links to Gosport is required
* Excellent presentation skills are essential
* Excellent presentation skills
* You will need to satisfy security requirements. This may require you to hold or be eligible/capable of achieving 'Security Check' (SC) clearance.
What a role with Babcock offers?
* Generous holiday entitlement
* Competitive money purchase pension scheme with life assurance
* Access to make a difference for a sustainable environment for future
* Share ownership scheme
* A tailored personal development and training programme.
* Autonomy. Trusted and empowered to deliver and be your best.
* We are happy to talk about flexible working. Please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview.
For more than a century, Babcock the Aerospace and Defence Company, has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly-skilled engineering services. We help customers in the UK and around the world to improve the capability, reliability and availability of their most critical assets within the four market sectors of Marine, Land, Aviation, and Nuclear, underpinned by a deep understanding of technology integration, unique infrastructure, and specialist training.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. Click apply to find out more.
All applications should be made online.
We are committed to building an inclusive culture and strive to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know and will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.
Please follow the link when you apply to find out more about how COVID-19 is impacting Recruitment and On-boarding for applicants.
Closing Date: 8th June 2022