Job Title: Safe Place & Training Facilities Manager (East)
Location: Warminster, Wiltshire, GB, BA12 0BS
Compensation: Attractive salary + Benefits
Role Type: Full time / Permanent
Job ID: SF44515
We have an exciting opportunity for a Safe Place & Training Facilities Manager to join our business, based here at DSG Warminster. In this role you'll provide an independent compliance and assurance perspective for the delivery of the MCRT and TAROM tasks at regional level.
Who we are looking for?
We are looking for an experienced Safe Place & Training Facilities Manager who will lead, inspire, and motive their team, as well as supporting other Region HQs for leave coverage and acting as the National lead for weapons systems or training activity. This is a great opportunity to be part of a valued team and to develop a future career with Babcock International.
What will you be doing?
This role is based at DSG Warminster Based with a requirement to relocate to Thetford, IP26 5EP after 9 months.
The role involves:
* Lead for Safe Systems of Training (SST) and own SST process and procedures
* Ensuring all TESC Training Services are assured and compliant
* Manage relationship across all TESC SST/ MCRT/ TAROM stakeholders
* TAROM, including inspections, documentation and processes
* Training Estate Public Safety (TEPS)
* Ensure MCRT/ TAROM staff are SQEP and adhere to MCRT/ TAROM compliance and standards: documentation, risk assessments, staff instructions, method statements, operating procedures and the Quality Management Plan
* Initiate continuous improvement and change and drive projects directed from the National HQ
The experience you'll bring
* Has held the LFTTA "A" qualification (Pamphlet 21)
* Training delivery to CT2 experience
* Combat Arms End User training experience (preferred)
* Previous Range Safety appointment (preferred)
* Full driving licence
* Attend and pass the DTE Range Safety course
* Must hold of have ability to obtain SC security clearance
What a role with Babcock offers?
* Generous holiday entitlement
* Competitive money purchase pension scheme with life assurance
* Access to make a difference for a sustainable environment for future
* Share ownership scheme
* A tailored personal development and training programme.
* Autonomy. Trusted and empowered to deliver and be your best.
* We are happy to talk about flexible working. Please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview.
For more than a century, Babcock the Aerospace and Defence Company, has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly-skilled engineering services. We help customers in the UK and around the world to improve the capability, reliability and availability of their most critical assets within the four market sectors of Marine, Land, Aviation, and Nuclear, underpinned by a deep understanding of technology integration, unique infrastructure, and specialist training.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. Click apply to find out more.
All applications should be made online.
We are committed to building an inclusive culture and strive to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know and will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.
Please follow the link when you apply to find out more about how COVID-19 is impacting Recruitment and On-boarding for applicants.
Closing Date: 8th June 2022