Manpower are looking for a Senior Production Supervisor based at an Electronics Manufacturing company in Scunthorpe.
Alpha 3 is an Avnet-owned electronic engineering company, supporting a wide range of customers with cable harnesses, electrical components and complex electrical mechanical assemblies via four business divisions. It has built its reputation on delivering trusted solutions into a variety of market sectors including Industrial, Aerospace, Defence, Medical, Rail and Automotive, all manufactured in the UK. Each division focuses on different services, from CCS and CTL supporting customers with sub contract manufacturing of cable and electro mechanical assemblies, to DEM designing and manufacturing electrical components and Tekdata in delivering high integrity, high performance cable harnesses.
Our team in Scunthorpe are recruiting a Production Supervisor within our Production Area. This is a brand senior role within the team with two direct reports and indirectly a wider team of fifty production operatives. This role has come about due to change positive changes within our business and is a key role reporting directly to the General Manager and managing the day-to-day activity of customer service, production planning and manufacturing areas.
We are looking for an innovative and passionate people person, with a positive attitude and an infectious energy level who can motivate, manage operatives and facilitate direct customer contact, sales order processing, materials management, capacity planning, manufacturing and the involvement in all cross-functional aspects of all business operational functions.
We are looking for someone who has strong collaboration skills as this role is one that works between key functions and supports our Sales team on new products, projects and technical matters. We work hard to have a customer focused environment within the production area and create closed loops to the customer on their order fulfilment process i.e. order receipt, production scheduling, manufacturing and through to dispatch/receipt.
What Experience are we looking for?
- Previous experience managing and motivating production teams
- Experience working with other internal functions such as HR, Finance, Sales, Supply Chain and external customers and suppliers.
- Ability to lead, manage performance, KPIs and develop teams.
- Experience working in a customer service orientated business.
- Strong planning and organising skills.
- Experience managing production/manufacturing teams, targets and schedules.
- Experience in ensuring Quality if maintained, monitored and continually reviewed to ensure high standards and continued improvement.
- Experience using production, manufacturing systems such as AS400 or similar.
- Experience monitoring stock and inventory levels.
- Proven experience developing Lean processes including 5S strategy and manufacturing efficiencies.
- Strong problems solving and analytical skills, with a keen eye for detail.
Monday - Thursday (8am - 5pm)
Friday (8am - 1pm)
If you are interested please apply with your CV or call the office on 01472 361616 to discuss.