Manpower are pleased to be recruiting on behalf of our client based in Peterborough for an Experienced Laminating Technician to join their team with an immediate start!
This is a temporary to permanent role with an immediate start!
Working hours and pay:
£15.00 per hour
Full/part time: Full time
Working Hours: 8am -4.30pm Monday to Friday.
About the role:
We are looking for highly experienced laminating technicians to join our clients composite laminating department, for the manufacture of structural carbon components and tooling. Components are pre-preg material, vacuum bagged, and autoclave cured.
Reporting into and supporting the Laminating Supervisor in the efficient running of the department by meeting job timescales and demands, whilst completing jobs to the highest of standards.
Successful applicants will exhibit the following abilities: -
- Excellent understanding and interpretation of complex technical drawings
- To laminate components & moulds as specified by customer drawings and operating procedures
- Experienced in the preparation of all tooling types with sealers and release agents
- Proven experience and application of insert preparation for incorporating into the laminate
- To be skilled in laminating monolythic and multiple shot sandwich structures
- Experience in preparation and application of composite repairs
- Fully competent in de-moulding components without damaging either the part or the mould using the correct tools
- To be able to manufacture templates for kit cutting from lay-up data
- To ensure components & moulds are laminated in a timely manner, to excellent quality standards and deadlines
- Organised and diligent to ensure completion of paperwork for hours and critical sign off operations
Key skills for the role include, but not limited to: -
- Work effectively as part of a team and under own initiative
- Dexterous with excellent attention to detail
- Strong communication skills
- Be resourceful and adaptable with good interpersonal skills
- Ability to work under pressure
If this sounds like the role for you, apply now!