Job Title: Procurement Coordinator
Location: United Kingdom - Remote working with monthly travel to Lakeside office, Portsmouth
Compensation: £23,000 to £25,000 DOE + Benefits
Role Type: Full time / Permanent
Role ID: SF 42859
We have a great opportunity for a Procurement Coordinator to join our business, being responsible of administering the process for purchasing goods and services within the Shared Service Centre Procurement team.
Who we are looking for?
We are looking for someone with strong office administration experience, strong excel/MS skills with the ability to create guides and documents as well as experience of working with high volumes and responding to multiple priorities in parallel effectively.
What will you be doing?
- Review and process all requisitions and purchase orders for compliance at Group-wide level and prior to release check in accordance with divisional policies and inter-company SLA's
- Procurement of IT hardware, services and peripherals for Babcock Group for UK and International sites
- Manage the Remedy sourcing activity queue and manage multiple departmental Procurement mailboxes
- Assist with purchasing for Software Licensing and Support Contracts activities to include obtaining quotes, validating quotes, obtaining approvals, placing orders and updating software contracts database
- Establish and maintain working relationships with all suppliers on SAP
- Monitor deliveries and receipt of all IT orders on SAP
The experience you'll bring
- Experience of working with the Requisition to Pay process
- Comfortable with Excel, databases and IS Systems (preferably Remedy and SAP)
- Ability to ensure deadlines and targets are achieved or surpassed
- Experience of working with high volumes and responding to multiple priorities effectively in parallel.
- SAP/SRM knowledge
- Working knowledge of e-Procurement solutions
- Proficient n Excel
- Must hold or have the ability to obtain SC security clearance
What a role with Babcock offers?
- Generous holiday entitlement
- Pension Plan
- Access to make a difference for a sustainable environment for future
- A tailored personal development and training programme.
- Trusted and empowered to deliver and be your best.
Babcock Corporate Services (BCS) is a global function, with our largest site being Lakeside in Portsmouth, but we operate from multiple sites around the world. BCS supplies and operates all IT, security, procurement, and finance Shared Services. We are embedded alongside the operations that we serve, enabling us to maintain close working relationships that support delivery to our customers. We drive standardisation, simplification and automation across Babcock, to help generate sustainable value for the group and our external customers.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. Click apply to find out more.
All applications should be made online.
We are committed to building an inclusive culture and strive to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know and will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.
Please follow the link when you apply to find out more about how COVID-19 is impacting Recruitment and On-boarding for applicants.