Customer Service Class 1 Driver
Do you want to join a successful supply chain business where you can really make a difference and be part of a world class team? Do you want some great perks and be rewarded well for what you do?
If the answer is yes, please read on…..
Perks of the Job
- Regular Loyalty Payments of up to £4,500 - ability to earn 3 x 6 monthly payments paid in July 2022, January 2023 and July 2023 - terms apply
- Weekend and Bank Holiday working premiums
- Employee Refer Top Talent Scheme - ability to earn £500 for each successful referral
- A free meal on every shift you work
As a Customer Service Driver, you will play a pivotal role in providing the best service to customers. Our client deliver to over 300 restaurants across England and Wales. On average your journey has 3-4 deliveries which are made using roll cages. Your deliveries are a mix of ambient, chilled and frozen food products, so experience of working with fridges is ideal.
This role is suited for a driver who can think on their feet and is customer service focused.
Our client is dedicated to being the leading logistics service provider for the most well-known restaurant chains around the world, you don't want to miss out on this opportunity.
8 hours shifts per day. Various shift start times. Working on a Saturday required.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- All vehicles must be checked for defects and reported to the garage for repair
- Goods must be checked they are correct and secure
- The delivery schedule must be followed, with arrival and departure times logged on journey sheet
- Ensure that the Transport Office is informed of any problems such as delays, breakdowns or delivery problems
- Every delivery must be signed by the relevant restaurant Manager
- Clean the inside of vehicle
- Refuel the unit and fridge unit
- Park vehicle as directed by Shunter
- Be de-briefed about journey by Transport Office
- To complete any other duties as required by Management
- Carry out drivers duties with due regard to legislation in respect of LGV drivers and submit tachographs on a weekly basis for analysis by the Company
- Collections and deliveries for various customers at different locations around the country
- Dealing with ambient, chilled and frozen products
- Checking products and carrying out the necessary paperwork
Understanding of driving legislation governing the use of tachographs and working hours. Valid C+E Licence - 6 months experience of driving large goods vehicles is essential. Ability to be flexible and adapt to changes at short notice to meet the demands of our customer and have a strong awareness of Health and Safety procedures.
- Level 2 (or equivalent) English and Maths
- Valid Drivers CPC (Essential)
- Knowledge of vehicle and refrigeration system
- Understanding of EC drivers' hours & EC working time directive regulations (Essential)
- Experience of working with refrigerated vehicles (Desirable)
Interested? Apply now and a member of the recruitment team will be in touch.