Conference Producer and Online Learning Support Worker
52 WK FTC (till 31st July 2023)
Flexible Worker - required in Exeter one day a week, with travel around Devon to support Conferences
Salary: Up to £24k depending on experience
Closing Date: 17th June 2022
Babcock LDP is part of Babcock Education, providing integrated education improvement and specialist intervention services. We work with academies, schools and settings, Devon County Council, other Local Authorities and with a range of regional and national bodies. Babcock LDP provides a single integrated service, which enables us to understand more fully the needs of customers and to deliver the best services to meet those needs in a coherent way. Our mission is to improve the life chances of all children and young people.
Babcock Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
About the role
Event management and logistics co-ordination to deliver high quality conferences and training produced in-house and any other third party conferences or events as required to support Babcock in achieving its business targets.
Key Tasks and Activities:
- To support delivering an annual programme of CPD events
- Implement the event planning and take ownership of all event management logistics (budget / exhibition / content / marketing / onsite management / venue / badges / delegate packs / post event follow up)
- To support by carrying out research to develop new products
- Build and maintain good internal & external relationships
- Work to strict deadlines
- Acquiring of and liaison with speakers
- Creation, edits and proofing of online learning on LMS platform
- Recording and editing video content for online learning
- Support conference logistics
Budget/Cash Management Responsibility:
- Budget management of each conference reporting to Team Lead
What do I need to do the role?
Key Technical Skills
- Team management
- Ability to carry out research and draw information together
- Organised and good time management
- Confident communicator
- Ability to manage meetings
- Negotiation and influencing skills
- Budget management reporting to Team Lead
- Project management
- Understanding of e-learning and social media
- Understanding of quality standards
- Knowledge of the conference and training industry and how events are run and managed.
- Knowledge of what makes events successful
- Planning experience
- Solid understanding and knowledge of the educational landscape
What else do I need to know?
- This is a 52 wk Fixed Term Contract until 31st July 2023, 37 hours a week.
- Required to be on-site in Exeter minimum 1 day a week.
- Hold a valid driving licence and to have access to a car for business use to support on Conferences.
- Please go to our website find out more about how COVID-19 is impacting Recruitment and On-boarding for applicants.
All applications should be made online. Please use a desktop PC or laptop to create your account and apply for a job. Once you've completed this you'll be able to apply to jobs from mobile devices.
If you experience difficulties, please check our career website for more information. Recruitment correspondence is normally by email so please check your email account and spam folder regularly.
On submission of your CV, you will be requested to complete an Application form in line with our commitment to Safer Recruitment.
We are committed to building an inclusive culture and strives to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages please let us know and we will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. We recognise the value that Serving Personnel, both Regular and Reserves, Veterans, Uniformed Cadet Instructors and Service Families contribute to our business and the United Kingdom. As part of the Covenant, Babcock offers Reservists and Uniformed Cadet Instructors up to 2 week's special paid leave to help them meet their commitments. To find out more please check our career website for more information.
Closing Date: 17th June