Finance Business Partner
Location - Flexible with occasional site visits to Rosyth
Salary £55,000 - £60,000 plus Bonus
We are looking for someone dynamic, ambitious and eager to make an impact to become our next Finance Business Partner within ME&S. Reporting to the Head of Finance, you will be responsible for providing key financial support to the Head of Business, as well as working closely with the Operational teams to improve processes and provide robust reporting to enable them to make meaningful decisions. The role will require supporting the growth agenda of the ME&S business as well as contributing to business forecasting.
This role will be a mix of remote working and working from one of Babcock's Collaboration Hubs in the Edinburgh area.
The post holder is accountable to the Head of Finance
Principal Tasks and Responsibilities
* Building strong, supportive relationships with the cost centre managers, project and bidding teams, providing monthly reporting information with detailed variance analysis.
* Inputting towards the monthly Balance Sheet reconciliations and Overhead review packs, reviewing regularly with all key stakeholders, ensuring documentation is delivered on time and to the highest standard.
* Completing forecasting requirements on-time and to the highest standard.
* Constantly reviewing Projects to ensure profit maximisation and trading margins are accurate.
* Holding monthly reviews with the Operational team to provide details of performance and areas questioning / challenging where necessary.
* Contributing to cash management, weekly forecasting and senior commentary.
* Providing key financial support to internal and external audits, ensuring compliance is maintained at all times.
* Developing and maintaining detailed financial models relating to bids, projects, strategy and new business, ensuring key financial controls are in place and operating effectively in all models and processes.
* Helping to review, improve and drive processes forward, working closely with the Operational team.
* Financial support into new project implementations.
The experience you will bring
- ACCA/CIMA Qualified (post qualified experience)
- Advanced excel user
- Experience of business partnering/stakeholder engagement
- Experience of working on projects
- Ability to understand and manipulate data to present clear and concise financial messages.
- Desire to champion high performance, challenge the status quo, actively seek out different perspectives and speak up.
- Big ideas and an ability to solve complex problems with simple and elegant solutions.
What a role with Babcock offers?
- Generous holiday entitlement
- Pension Plan
- Access to make a difference for a sustainable environment for future
- A tailored personal development and training programme.
- Autonomy. Trusted and empowered to deliver and be your best.
For more than a century, Babcock, the Aerospace and Defence Company, has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly skilled engineering services. We help customers in the UK and around the world to improve the capability, reliability, and availability of their most critical assets within the four market sectors of Marine, Land, Aviation and Nuclear, underpinned by a deep understanding of technology integration, unique infrastructure, and specialist training.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. Click apply to find out more.
All applications should be made online.
We are committed to building an inclusive culture and strive to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know and will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.
Please follow the link when you apply to find out more about how COVID-19 is impacting Recruitment and On-boarding for applicants.
#LI-POST or #LI REMOTE