Job Title: Electrical Fitter (Shiplift)
Location: Faslane, Helensburgh, G848HL
Compensation: £32,422+ benefits
Role Type: Full time / Permanent
Role ID: 39729
This is your opportunity to join Babcock as an Electrical Fitter (Shiplift)
You'll carry out planned and reactive maintenance on electrical control and protection systems, electrical overhead travelling cranes and other electrical equipment in the Shiplift facility. You will also need to diagnose issues, fault and subsequently carry out repairs.
This is an exciting opportunity giving you exposure to systems/processes and equipment unique to the shiplift building which is one of the largest facilities in the world and hosts a 25,000 tonne lifting capacity.
Who we are looking for?
We are looking for a Electrical Fitter (Shiplift) with previous experience gained within an electrical fitter maintenance role
What will you be doing?
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Completion of all planned preventative maintenance to ensure the department meets the objectives of the business.
- Completion of all defect and repair activity to ensure the department meets the objectives of the business.
- Ensure that work is carried out in line with current processes and make suggestions on improving systems and processes to increase productivity and safety in accordance with set objectives and timescales.
- Operate Shiplift systems and equipment in accordance with relevant procedures.
- Undertake mentoring where required to personnel in the operation & maintenance of Shiplift systems and equipment
- Conduct Berthing & Docking activities.
The working hours for this role are a standard 4.5 day week, Monday to Thursday 08:05 - 16:45 and Friday 08:05 - 12:05 (36 hours in total) with overtime opportunities: evenings (time and a half) and weekends (double time).
The experience you'll bring
- A recognised Electrical Engineering apprenticeship, qualified to N/SVQ or City & Guilds level 3 as a minimum
- Experience of working with a wide variety of different systems commonly found in heavy engineering environments would be an advantage.
- You'll also need to be comfortable working at heights, in confined spaces and in inclement weather conditions and have experience of working within a Health & Safety-focussed environment
- You should hold or have the ability to obtain SC Clearance.
What a role with Babcock offers?
- Generous holiday entitlement
- Pension Plan
- Share Ownership Scheme
- Access to make a difference for a sustainable environment for future
- A tailored personal development and training programme.
- Autonomy. Trusted and empowered to deliver and be your best.
For more than a century, Babcock, the Aerospace and Defence company, has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly skilled engineering services. We help customers in the UK and around the world to improve the capability, reliability, and availability of their most critical assets within the four market sectors of Marine, Land, Aviation, and Nuclear, underpinned by a deep understanding of technology integration, unique infrastructure, and specialist training.
HM Naval Base Clyde is located 6 miles north of Helensburgh in the West of Scotland. We are well placed for commuter links to Glasgow and the wider region, but it is recommended for employees to travel by car due to the location.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. Click apply to find out more.
All applications should be made online.
We are committed to building an inclusive culture and strive to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know and will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.
Please follow the link when you apply to find out more about how COVID-19 is impacting Recruitment and On-boarding for applicants.
Closing Date: 21st June 2022