Pensions Administrator - 52 Week FTC
Location: Portsmouth - Hybrid
Compensation: Attractive Salary + Benefits
Role Type: 30 hours per week (Monday to Thursday) - 12 month Fixed Term Contract
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Pensions Administrator to join our business, being an integral member of the Payroll Department based here at Portsmouth. In this hybrid role you'll work with the rest of the department, ensuring timely and accurate administration of all pensions. This is a great opportunity to be part of a valued team and develop a future career with Babcock International.
This role requires regular travel to Portsmouth on a weekly basis alongside remote working arrangements and access to any Babcock Hub.
Who we are looking for?
We are looking for a Pension Administrator who works to a high level of accuracy, on time, efficiently and effectively. You'll have a high level of customer service and interpersonal skills, as well as being an effective communicator who really puts the customer at the centre of focus.
What will you be doing?
As a Pensions Administrator you'll be responsible for processing weekly/monthly pension contributions as assigned.
This role involves:
- Efficient Maintenance of employee files. Including updating external administrator records with leavers/new starters to pension schemes.
- Timely/Accurate inputting of pension related data.
- Accurate updating of staff records via the Company Payroll System.
- Efficient Production and maintenance of weekly and monthly pension reports.
- Accurate checking and reconciling of employee pension contributions.
- Ensuring External Administrators are informed of changes to employees' details.
The experience you'll bring
Administration skills are essential.
You will also need:
- GCSE in Maths & English or equivalent
- Good Microsoft office IT skills
- Experience of SAP system is an advantage
- Excellent organisational and planning skills with great attention to detail
- Accountable - owns, communicates and delivers
Lastly, you must hold or have ability to obtain SC security clearance.
What a role with Babcock offers?
- Generous holiday entitlement
- Pension Plan
- Access to make a difference for a sustainable environment for future
- A tailored personal development and training programme.
- Autonomy. Trusted and empowered to deliver and be your best.
Babcock Corporate Services (BCS) is a global function, with our largest site being Lakeside in Portsmouth, but we operate from multiple sites around the world. BCS supplies and operates all IT, security, procurement, and finance Shared Services. We are embedded alongside the operations that we serve, enabling us to maintain close working relationships that support delivery to our customers. We drive standardisation, simplification and automation across Babcock, to help generate sustainable value for the group and our external customers.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, we need to ensure that our recruitment processes are regularly reviewed and adapted, as required, to ensure we're compliant with the latest government advice. We are striving to protect both our current and future employees by acting in a responsible way which reflects the restrictions we face.
To find out more about how COVID-19 is impacting Recruitment and On-boarding for applicants please visit our website.
All applications should be made online. Please use a desktop PC or laptop to create your account and apply for a job. Once you've completed this you'll be able to apply to jobs from mobile devices. If you experience difficulties please visit our careers page.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages please let us know and will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. We recognise the value that Serving Personnel, both Regular and Reserves, Veterans, Uniformed Cadet Instructors and Service Families contribute to our business and the United Kingdom. As part of the Covenant, Babcock offers Reservists and Uniformed Cadet Instructors up to 2 week's special paid leave to help them meet their commitments. To find out more please visit our website.
Closing Date: 22nd June 2022