I have a superb opportunity for a Senior Project Manager to work for a leading international housing Developers . You will be supporting the Head of Development and Asset Management in the delivery of a New Build PBSA and Refurbishment Projects in the UK.
The post will be based in Manchester City Centre but requires travelling around the UK and occasion overnight stays in the delivery of Projects.
- Responsible for new site developments which includes a range of different types of schemes including new construction builds, acquisition fit out, and change of use
- Report on project progress, risks, strategies & resourcing
- Implement design review procedure / process to introduce an efficient and effective quality system
- Plan the construction programme
- Maintain an up to date knowledge of architectural, planning, building and construction practices, including changes in building regulations, codes of practice and other relevant legislation
- Lead the design team through feasibility and pre-development, tender design, appointment and on-site construction
- Prepare and manage all project documentation, including a comprehensive project programme to drive critical path activities.
- Engage with engineers and consultants to obtain early options / appraisals for inclusion in construction budgets
- Development of a feasibility study
- Development of Clients Brief / Employers Requirements
- Procurement of the main contractor
- Seek and negotiate consultant fees
- Co-ordinate the tender
- Collate contract documents for execution
- Carry out control procedures and change control procedures
- Issue instructions
- Co-ordinate the review of information prepared by the contractor
- Consider items submitted by the contractor for 'approval', as required by the employers' requirements
- Review work progress and prepare client reports
- Validate or certify claims/payments
- Monitor commissioning and inspections
- Certify practical completion
- Bring defects to the attention of the contractor
- Issue the certificate of making good defect
- Agree to the final account
Required Skills/ Experience
- Minimum Degree in Quantity / Building Surveying.
- Full Membership of RICS, CABE or CIOB.
- Full clean driving license and use of a car for work.
- A minimum 10 years' experience in a similar role.