An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Shift Front Line Manager (Nights) to join our client, a leading global FMCG company with Brands such as Dove, Knorr, Persil & Magnum, based at their manufacturing facility in Trafford Park, Manchester (M17). This is a full-time temporary role to start immediately and is for 12 Months.
Hours of work are Monday - Thursday ideally (7pm - 7am), could consider (9pm - 7am) working onsite, and is paying c£46,000k (This includes shift allowance) per annum, pro rata, depending on experience.
What will my accountabilities include?
- Delivering management and leadership support for performance monitoring, working patterns and dispute resolution
- Utilising appropriate safety and environmental procedures for people, processes, materials, products and equipment to ensure a safe working environment for the whole team. Demonstrating a full knowledge of hazards in the workplace
- You will reduce costs due to waste and minimise impact to health, safety and the environment through working to eliminate waste and through the correct management of waste and hazardous materials
- Utilising WCM methodologies and IP processes you will drive the semi-autonomous team's work to counter losses and eradicate waste. You will lead improvement projects for operational processes
- You will be responsible for making governance decisions for the semi-autonomous team and adjudicate on unresolved team issues
- You will set the strategy for Continuous Improvement and Preventative Maintenance in your area guided by loss trends and site direction
- You will facilitate technical improvements using WCM improvement tools, coaching both technical operators and semi-autonomous teams to build team performance
- You will sustain Quality standards in the factory operation
- Promote the development of a highly effective team through the establishment of a positive team climate supported by authentic leadership and clear communication
What skills will I need?
- Experience within a leadership role demonstrating the ability to coach, influence change and resolve conflict
- Strong communication skills with the ability to liaise with multiple stakeholders across different levels and functions
- Strong technical understanding of manufacturing, general or chemical engineering or food technology.
- Strong understanding of the end to end manufacturing process including chemical and electro-mechanical processes and controls.
- Experience applying preventative maintenance and autonomous maintenance strategies within a manufacturing, general engineering or food technology environment.
- Ability to identify, prioritise and address problems using appropriate tools and techniques that eliminate recurrence.
- Ability to interpret technical diagnostics, identify key issues and process risks whilst acting with speed and rigour to resolve.
- Strong business and commercial acumen
- Experience in analysing factory and technical processes to identify opportunities for performance improvement
- FMCG background
- Experience of operating with semi-autonomous or autonomous teams.
- Maintenance Engineering Discipline at Post Apprenticeship Skill level