Job Title: Medical Administrative Assistant
Location: Henlow, Bedfordshire, GB, SG16 6DN
Compensation: £ 20,044.35 + Benefits
Role Type: Full time / Permanent
Job ID: SF43851
We are offering the opportunity to a friendly and professional person to contribute to the effectiveness of the RAF by the timely provision of administrative services in support of the Aviation Medicine Clinical Services (AMCS).
Who we are looking for?
We are looking for someone who enjoys working in a solutions-driven, people-focused manner. You'll have a can-do attitude and work well both independently and as part of a team. You will have the ability to influence and deliver better outcomes. You should be prepared to work within a larger multi-disciplinary team, including providing temporary cross-cover of other positions in times of leave or other absences (sickness, compassionate etc).
What will you be doing?
* Management of new patient referrals through the electronic Medical Information System (DMiCP) and allocation to an appropriate clinician as appropriate.
* Liaise with patients and Defence Primary Healthcare Medical Centres to arrange medical appointments at the RAF Medical Boards.
* Deal with any queries that arise, passing to the clinical team as appropriate.
* Respond to telephone calls appropriately.
* Ensure all patients and visitors to the RAF Medical Board and AMCS are received in an appropriate manner, including the issue of identity passes and delivery of a building-specific Health and Safety brief.
* Perform administrative tasks as necessary, including photocopying, faxing, scanning, data processing and database management, in support of the operational functions of the RAF Medical Boards.
The experience you'll bring
* Computer literate, particularly with Microsoft packages.
* Good communication skills, both verbal and written.
You must be able to achieve the appropriate security clearance level for this role.
What a role with Babcock offers?
* Generous holiday entitlement
* Pension Plan
* Access to make a difference for a sustainable environment for future
* A tailored personal development and training programme.
* Autonomy. Trusted and empowered to deliver and be your best.
For more than a century, Babcock, the Aerospace and Defence company, has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly skilled engineering services. We help customers in the UK and around the world to improve the capability, reliability, and availability of their most critical assets within the four market sectors of Marine, Land, Aviation, and Nuclear, underpinned by a deep understanding of technology integration, unique infrastructure, and specialist training.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. Click apply to find out more.
All applications should be made online.
We are committed to building an inclusive culture and strive to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know and will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.
Please follow the link when you apply to find out more about how COVID-19 is impacting Recruitment and On-boarding for applicants.
Closing Date: 13/06/2022