Job Title: Stores Operative
Location: Ipswich, Suffolk, GB, IP7 7RA
Compensation: Attractive salary + Benefits
Role Type: Full time / Permanent
Job ID: SF44542
An excellent opportunity has arisen for a full time Stores Operative to join our business here at Wattisham Flying Station, 7 Aviation Close, Support Battalion REME. The contract runs until 31st December 2022 with a further one year contract extension to Dec 2023 and possibly further contract extensions beyond 2023. The role consists of receipt, issue and backloading of stores coming into the unit. Full instructions and familiarisation gaining task competency is given onsite.
Babcock staff are fully integrated into the Battalion and for day-to-day activities report directly to the Military Department Head and for Babcock related matters to the Babcock Site Manager.
Who we are looking for?
We are looking for a self-motivating and reliable individual who is committed to excellent service delivery, in order to support the day-to-day store activities and demands. You'll be fit and able bodied for all manual handling tasks and one who will take these tasks on with a real positive 'can do' attitude.
What will you be doing?
* Collection of store items from the warehouse.
* Checking of consignments against vouchers.
* Allocation of items onto holding shelves for collection.
* Email departments to collect items.
* Ensure storage area is kept clean and tidy.
* Control access to Receipts and Issues Bay.
The experience you'll bring
* Good interpersonal skills.
* Computer literate (Minimum of MS Word and Excel).
* Able to work on own initiatives with defined guidelines.
* Good communication skills.
* Good organisational skills.
* The successful candidate must be able to achieve the appropriate security clearance level for this role.
What a role with Babcock offers?
* Generous holiday entitlement
* Pension Plan
* Access to make a difference for a sustainable environment for future
* A tailored personal development and training programme.
* Autonomy. Trusted and empowered to deliver and be your best.
For more than a century, Babcock, the Aerospace and Defence company, has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly skilled engineering services. We help customers in the UK and around the world to improve the capability, reliability, and availability of their most critical assets within the four market sectors of Marine, Land, Aviation, and Nuclear, underpinned by a deep understanding of technology integration, unique infrastructure, and specialist training.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. Click apply to find out more.
All applications should be made online.
We are committed to building an inclusive culture and strive to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know and will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.
Please follow the link when you apply to find out more about how COVID-19 is impacting Recruitment and On-boarding for applicants.
Closing Date: 16th June 2022