Technology Development Manager - Asset Digitalisation/IoT
Location: United Kingdom - Remote working (ideally based in Southwest England)
Compensation: Attractive Salary + Benefits
Role Type: Full Time / Permanent
We have an exciting opportunity for a Technology Development Manager - Asset Digitalisation/IoT to join our business. In this role, you'll work in conjunction with existing asset digitisation. This is to ensure that Babcock has a coherent and consistent approach to the digitisation of our critical and complex assets, which exploits the latest digital and IoT technologies, in order to maximise the benefits associated with investing in these technologies across the Group.
Who we are looking for?
The management of critical and complex assets is at the heart of Babcock's operations across our Sectors. As part of the delivery of the Babcock Group Technology Strategy we are seeking to appoint an individual who can lead activity across the group to ensure that Babcock's asset digitisation solutions continue to exploit the latest digital capabilities to maximise the value of the services we provide to our customers, as well as the ability to develop relationships and maintain an effective network.
You'll possess excellent communication, organisational and project management skills with robust and demonstrable results orientated commercial awareness.
What will you be doing?
- Driving and overseeing the implementation of asset digitisation solutions across Babcock, particularly the implementation of the Picasso IoT programme in conjunction with BIS and sector representatives.
- Benchmarking of Babcock's asset digitisation capability and technology knowhow vs key competitors in each asset class.
- Working with the Sectors to understand customer perception of asset digitisation solutions, and common pain points across the Sectors that lend themselves to group wide solutions.
- Identifying those digital technologies that will create significant value for Babcock and its customers in managing and operating critical and complex assets.
- Developing a prioritised plan for investment in new digital solutions for Babcock and our customers 'Operational Technology (OT)'.
- Supporting the Head of Asset Management Capability in determining where Group led investment will create additional value over and above a Business unit and establishing a programme of activity that supports the transformation of Babcock's current asset digitisation propositions.
The experience you'll bring
You will need a qualification in relevant technical and project management disciplines.
You will also need the following:
- You will need to be an authoritative, persuasive and confident project manager able to engage and motivate at all levels within the organisation and be able to influence across a varied set of engineering, technical and management stakeholders.
- Extensive knowledge of current and emerging digital technologies and their potential application to the management of critical and complex assets (focus on OT).
- Excellent negotiation, communication and influencing skill.
- Experienced in delivering and managing change in complex projects.
- Extensive experience designing and delivering solutions for the management of critical and complex mobile assets in industrial environments.
- Willing to work in different sites and areas of the business and travel as necessary.
Lastly, you must hold or have ability to obtain SC security clearance.
What a role with Babcock offers?
- Generous holiday entitlement
- Pension Plan
- Access to make a difference for a sustainable environment for future
- A tailored personal development and training programme.
- Autonomy. Trusted and empowered to deliver and be your best.
Babcock Corporate Services (BCS) is a global function, with our largest site being Lakeside in Portsmouth, but we operate from multiple sites around the world. BCS supplies and operates all IT, security, procurement, and finance Shared Services. We are embedded alongside the operations that we serve, enabling us to maintain close working relationships that support delivery to our customers. We drive standardisation, simplification and automation across Babcock, to help generate sustainable value for the group and our external customers.
To find out more about how COVID-19 is impacting Recruitment and On-boarding for applicants please visit our website.
All applications should be made online. Please use a desktop PC or laptop to create your account and apply for a job. Once you've completed this you'll be able to apply to jobs from mobile devices. If you experience difficulties please visit our careers page.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages please let us know and will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. We recognise the value that Serving Personnel, both Regular and Reserves, Veterans, Uniformed Cadet Instructors and Service Families contribute to our business and the United Kingdom. As part of the Covenant, Babcock offers Reservists and Uniformed Cadet Instructors up to 2 week's special paid leave to help them meet their commitments. To find out more please visit our website.
Closing Date: 15th June 2022