Our National Client is a is the UK's leading independent equipment hire company. With 11 divisions and over 150 locations across the UK, we've got everything you need from dumpers, diggers and tools to track mats and portable toilets. I am pleased to be supporting them with the introduction of a TIC ENGINEER (Test Inspect & Certify) in their Lifting Gear Department across the NW & NE (accepting applicants from anywhere in the NW Region Warrington, Liverpool, Preston, Manchester, Blackburn or Sheffield areas - based on target workload & travel area).
The role is covering all of the areas listed & you will be paid from 30 minutes into your journey (irrespective of the journey time) to your first job of the day & paid up to the last 30 minutes of your journey home. Bookings are made centrally via the Admin Team & shared with you via tablet.
A company van, fuel card (no out of pocket expenses incurred), mobile phone, tablet & all necessary tools will be supplied, so once you are in the position, you are fully equipped to do the role.
The salary on offer is £32,000 to £35,000plus bonus (value is dependent on performance etc…)
- Inspection, testing, repair & maintenance of lifting and working at height equipment.
- Load testing of equipment such as runway beams, davit sockets, swing jibs and lift shaft eyes.
- Installation of basic lifting equipment.
- Produce certification for equipment including detailed reporting on failed items.
- Carry out site surveys and advise customers on the correct selection and use of lifting equipment.
- Organise, progress, and complete the installation, testing and commissioning of lifting equipment including runway beams, swing jibs, davit sockets, powered hoists, etc.
Carry out site surveys, discuss customer requirements and compile proposals and quotations detailing the proposed solutions for the installation, test and commissioning of lifting equipment as per above.
What do you need to succeed in this application?
- IDEAL CANDIDATE
- Experience working within the lifting equipment industry.
- LEEA Qualifications including advanced programmes such as Runways & Crane Structures and/or Overhead Travelling Cranes.
- Manufacturer & Industry Training (i.e., CSCS, IPAF, Confined Space, Working at Height, PASMA, etc)
- Competent in accordance with LOLER.
- Current (preferably clean) driving licence.
- IT Literate.
Does this sound like an ideal opportunity for you to join an established national brand?
Then click apply now & I look forward to receiving your application.
other regions across the UK are looking for similar skills, so feel free to get in touch to discuss your region too (WA5, L20, PR5 M17 post code areas)