Job Title: Mechanical Calibrator x2
Location: Faslane, Helensburgh, GB, G84 8HL
Role Type: Full time / Permanent
Role ID: 42584
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of an experienced team and advance your knowledge and broaden your experience conducting a variety of different calibration activities, diagnosis and repair of Test, Measurement and Diagnostic Equipment (TMDE).
Who we are looking for?
We are looking for a Mechanical Calibrator who will carry out calibration, adjustments, diagnoses and repairs (where qualified) across a wide range of measurement parameters and in accordance with approved procedures. Utilising their skill set to perform Portable Appliance Testing (PAT) duties and instructing and mentoring employees who are undertaking Apprenticeships within the business.
What will you be doing?
- Calibration, adjustment, diagnosis and repair of various types of TMDE.
- Produce Calibration Checklists for new models of TMDE and assist in the assessment of new Calibration Procedures.
- Perform Mechanical Fitter duties including NCF equipment inspection and repair of equipment.
- Implementation of the Company Safety, Quality and Environmental policies in the Instrumentation and Calibration area of the business ensuring that assessments of risks are carried out which lead to safe working attitudes and practices.
- Achieving successful, timely, completion of work packages, meeting safety and quality standards.
- Ensure all tasks are carried out in accordance with the Company's cost, time and quality requirements.
The experience you'll bring
- Previous experience working in mechanical calibration, including calibrating Test & measuring equipment. Ideally have experience from a mechanical assembly, production, manufacturing, marine or engineering environment with an understanding of pressure testing.
- Recognised Mechanical Engineering Apprenticeship qualified to SVQ Level 3 or HNC and above in a Mechanical/Marine engineering with relevant work experience.
- Clear understanding of the principles which underpin the process of calibrating equipment and a sound knowledge of calibration processes whilst demonstrating a diligent approach when following procedures.
- Wider experience of Metrology or experience of using dedicated Calibration software would be desirable.
- Experience of Maintenance Procedures, Risk, and COSHH assessments and Safe Systems of Work with excellent team working and interpersonal skills.
- Candidates must demonstrate that they meet and uphold our Purpose and Principles.
- You must be able to achieve the appropriate security clearance level for this role.
What a role with Babcock offers?
- Generous holiday entitlement
- 4.5 day working week
- Overtime opportunities
- Pension Plan
- Share Ownership Scheme
- Access to make a difference for a sustainable environment for future
- A tailored personal development and training programme.
- Autonomy. Trusted and empowered to deliver and be your best.
For more than a century, Babcock, the Aerospace and Defence company, has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly skilled engineering services. We help customers in the UK and around the world to improve the capability, reliability, and availability of their most critical assets within the four market sectors of Marine, Land, Aviation, and Nuclear, underpinned by a deep understanding of technology integration, unique infrastructure, and specialist training.
HM Naval Base Clyde is located 6 miles north of Helensburgh in the West of Scotland. We are well placed for commuter links to Glasgow and the wider region, but it is recommended for employees to travel by car due to the location.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. Click apply to find out more.
All applications should be made online.
We are committed to building an inclusive culture and strive to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know and will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.
Please follow the link when you apply to find out more about how COVID-19 is impacting Recruitment and On-boarding for applicants.
Closing Date: 20th June 2022