Job Title: Senior Finance Manager - 12 Month FTC
Location: Glasgow, Blantyre, G72 0LH - 2 days per week/ home based 3 days.
Compensation: £60,000 - £65,000+ Benefits
Role Type: Full time / Contract
Job ID: SF44538
A Senior Finance Manager is required to maximise the financial performance of the Systems Alliance Framework for Babcock Rail in Scotland. As the Senior Finance Manager you will be responsible for ensuring robust financial controls, as well as the implementation of profit improvement initiatives where necessary, while at the same time maintaining maximum efficiency of processes and reporting, coupled with strong corporate governance in line with parent and alliance partner requirements.
Who we are looking for?
We are looking for a self-motivated and driven individual, a self-starter and seasoned professional who is not afraid of the detail. In this role you will be backfilling, which could involve either business partnering or working within central financial services, carrying out balance sheet reconciliations, group reporting or pulling together month end numbers with the Commercial Team.
What will you be doing?
Your main duties will include:
* Working with the Rail Alliance Management Team (AMT), challenging and amending the processes used to operate and control performance.
* Supporting the AMT in continuously striving to enhance their bottom-line performance.
* Challenging the structures of the operational business to ensure maximised financial performance.
* Setting the annual budget for the alliance.
* Deputising for the Head of Finance as appropriate.
* Ensuring that projects operate an appropriate and effective set of financial controls that are complaint with the requirements of the parent and alliance partners.
* Timely production of periodic board reports, monthly financial commentaries, budgets and forecasts.
* Ensuring compliance with external legislation and government authorities.
The experience you'll bring
* Qualified Accountant with proven PQE
* Strong business/process analysis skills
* Excellent man-management, influencing and communication skills
* Project Accounting experience
* Experience of dealing with Commercial and Project Operational teams
* Previous experience in engineering or construction industry would be ideal
What a role with Babcock offers?
* Generous holiday entitlement
* Competitive money purchase pension scheme with life assurance
* Share ownership scheme
* Access to make a difference for a sustainable environment for future
* A tailored personal development and training programme.
* Autonomy. Trusted and empowered to deliver and be your best.
* We are happy to talk about flexible working. Please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview.
For more than a century, Babcock, the Aerospace and Defence company, has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly skilled engineering services. We help customers in the UK and around the world to improve the capability, reliability, and availability of their most critical assets within the four market sectors of Marine, Land, Aviation and Nuclear, underpinned by a deep understanding of technology integration, unique infrastructure, and specialist training.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. Click apply to find out more.
All applications should be made online.
We are committed to building an inclusive culture and strive to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know and will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.
Please follow the link when you apply to find out more about how COVID-19 is impacting Recruitment and On-boarding for applicants.
Closing Date: 14th June 2022