Our client are looking for an office administrator to join their team at Calor Gas, Bury St Edmunds. This is an exciting opportunity to work for a fantastic company who are looking to expand their team. This role is working within the transport industry so previous experience or interest in this field is ideal. Training will be provided but previous administration experience is essential.
The hourly pay rate is £11.00
Hours: 40hr week (minus 30 minutes unpaid break) working 5 days Mon to Fri various hours available, option to work weekends as overtime.
Overtime is available at a rate of x 1.5
- Free Car Park on site.
- Subsidised Onsite Canteen.
- Opportunities for progression available
- Access to Manpower 'MyPath' - development and upskilling program
- Yearly Target Bonus
Key responsibilities needed are:
- Ideally experience working within a transportation business
- Create a positive safety culture within the team and increase Safety accountability
- Support site management in achieving compliance obligations including Inventory, financial, health and safety and Transport
- Liaise with Workshops and Customer Service teams to ensure the effective routing of all vehicles at their disposal
- Deal effectively with customer complaints relating to transport activities
- Ensure all loads are reconciled in a timely manner Bulk and Cylinders
- Ensure driver feedback is reported and Master data is updated
- Create a mindset within the team that "service matters"
- Computer literate with experience using MSOffice
- Well organised with great attention to detail
- Clear communicator - good written communication
- Daily yard counts, weekly appliance count and end of month counts investigating all discrepancies
- Using our Sphera system to report any Health & Safety issues
- End of day banking reconciliation
- Recording Time Accounting hours for monthly overtime
- Recording of gas logs brought into the depot
- Receipting of all cylinders brought in and out of the depot
- Driver Rotas/availability
What we would like from you:
Lead: Take ownership of your actions, Input, impact and career - Understand and support the need for change
Communicate: Be clear and concise in all your communication.
Deliver: Plan and priorities your workload
Innovate: Find new ways to improve your work, solve problems by finding the root cause
Support: Recognise when others need help and offer it.
- An eye for detail as accuracy is key.
- High level of concern for safety always.
- Ability to read and follow instructions as well as take instructions from management.
- Work as part of a team as well as independently as required.
If you are successful, please be aware that a DBS check is required.
We look forward to hearing from you!