An exciting opportunity has arisen to join one of the world's most successful, purpose-led businesses, our client, a leading global FMCG company with Brands such as Dove, Knorr, Persil and Magnum, as a Project Manager (Impact & Assurance). This will involve working in the office in Blackfriars 2-3 days per week and the rest of the week remotely. This is a full-time temporary role working a 36.25 hour week to start ASAP for 7 months, paying up to £50,000 per annum, pro rata.
The role Project Manager-Impact & Assurance, presents an opportunity to be part of the Sustainable Sourcing team that will deliver the businesses Climate and Nature commitments. You will work on ensuring we have robust processes, systems and data for reporting and assuring the goals under the 'Protect and Regenerate Nature' pillar.
The Impact & Assurance team is responsible for:
- Identifying, governing and scaling up new approaches to deal with complex sustainability measurement, monitoring, reporting and assurance problems at scale across Sustainable Sourcing thematic areas (Sustainable Sourcing, Regenerative Agriculture, No Deforestation, Protect & Restore ecosystems) and geographies.
- Identifying and introducing digital tools and systems that enable measurement, monitoring, reporting and verification across sourcing programs and individual projects.
MAIN JOB PURPOSE
Project management Project Management: manage the development of new statements of work with existing vendors and scope and manage new statements of work with new vendors. Develop the statement of work / terms of reference, manage contracts through internal legal, financial and administrative processes, project manage the on-time delivery of work and ensure high-quality outputs in format(s) that provide insights for the Suso Team and senior management. Projects include, but are not limited to:
Assurance, Verification and Reporting
- Sustainable Sourcing Impact Pathway re-design: in collaboration with technical consultants, re-design the Sustainable Sourcing Impact Program Pathway for sustainable sourcing and regenerative agriculture projects: gather team inputs and design specifications, incorporate feedback and proof monitoring and reporting templates/frameworks
- Project Validation assurance pathway development: in collaboration with consultants, project manage the development of a new assurance pathway for regenerative agriculture and restoration projects: gather team inputs and design specifications, incorporate feedback and proof monitoring and reporting templates/frameworks
- Benchmarking: identify and prioritise projects and standards - including supplier-own sustainability standards for benchmarking
- Valuation of Sustainable Sourcing: project manage a research and analysis project with external consultants into the cost, direct and in-direct (co-benefits)
- Independent assurance: Support preparation for the annual PWC assurance of Sustainable Sourcing Metrics
- Corporate reporting: Identify inputs that are required for corporate reporting; coordinate inputs from colleagues, undertake data analysis, and copywriting for corporate reporting initiatives (e.g. DJSI, CDP)
- Metric preparation: Work with Sustainable Sourcing project leads to maintain and update metric data on Suso, No-Deforestation, Regen Ag, Protect & Restore.
- Governance: Assist in the development and upkeep of Sustainable Source, Deforestation-free, Regenerative Ag SOPs and other assurance documentation.
- Governance: Coordinate meetings and take minutes; provide secretariate function to internal governance groups.
- Analyse and visualise data relating to sustainability performance of certification and impact programs
- Communication: Support the development of internal communication decks.
- Management of consultancies and consulting organisations
- Experience in building and implementing impact management frameworks, particularly for agriculture and nature-based solutions.
- Excellent quantitative, analytical and business/commercial acumen
- Effective collaboration skills and experience with cross-functional teams
- 5-8 years' experience in sustainability, agriculture/forestry, environment protection/conservation. Experience in an FMCG a plus, or, in a large complex organisation.
- Project management and prioritization skills, to drive and manage multiple activities, prioritize, manage time effectively and meet deadlines.
- Knowledge of assurance processes or agricultural certification standards or corporate sustainability reporting
- Self-starting, proactive, accountable and driven personality, independent problem solver
- Research and data analysis
- Stakeholder management and ability to work in virtual teams
- Contract management and financial administration a plus
- Microsoft office skills (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, OneDrive, Sharepoint, PowerBI)