Manpower are currently working in partnership with Bedfordshire's largest employer in their search for Maintenance Operations Supervisor to join their Technical Services Department, based in Luton.
What You'll Do
Reporting to the Maintenance Operations Manager, you'll manage the maintenance team shift leaders and supporting mechanical/electrical technicians, and implement effective, comprehensive maintenance services across the site.
You'll ensure the departments KPI's are met by developing a strong work ethic amongst your team, creating a culture of continuous improvement, and ensuring that all operational requirements are met in a safe, cost effective and timely manner.
In addition, you'll provide strong influencing and supervisory skills in a multiple stakeholder environment, as well as manage and audit all statutory compliance requirements applicable to works carried out by your team. You'll also review deficiencies highlighted from weekly/monthly KPI reporting and action necessary improvements.
What's On Offer
The company offers a competitive salary as well as some fantastic benefits…
- Salary of £47,925 per annum
- 33 days Annual Leave
- Profit Share Scheme
- Private Medical Insurance
- Occupational Health Service
- Life Assurance (2.5x basic salary)
- Company Sick Pay
- On-Site Gym & Classes…and more!
Who We're Looking For
The successful candidate will ideally hold a relevant engineering qualification at level 3 or above, have extensive experience in a maintenance/facilities maintenance environment, and be confident managing a diverse team.
You'll be customer focused, and an excellent communicator with demonstrable leadership qualities. Able to take a strategic perspective, you'll be skilled in planning and organisation, and able to effectively build strong working relationships within your team and the wider organisation.
You'll act with integrity at all times and display commitment, accountability, and conscientiousness. You'll take personal responsibility for making things happen and achieving results.
Further knowledge, skills and experience required include:
- Competent in completing risk assessments and compilation of method statements/safe systems of work.
- Formally trained in working at height and hot works.
- Experience of maintenance management software i.e. QFM, Shire or Maximo.
- Trained in use of Microsoft software products, such as word, excel, PowerPoint and outlook.
- Fully conversant with Employer's obligations under health and safety law, relative to the duties of the role.
- Capable of delivering new/improved engineering standards and working procedures.
If all the above sounds like the opportunity you're looking for, and you can demonstrate the required skills and experience, then please do not hesitate to apply or contact me today!
This job description is intended to give an appreciation of the role and the range of duties and responsibilities to be undertaken. It does not attempt to detail every activity.
Due to the nature of the business successful candidates will be required to have been a resident in the UK for a minimum of 5 years, and able to provide a complete work reference history covering the last 5 year period. You will also need to pass a criminal record check and pre-placement medical. This employer does not provide sponsorship.