Job Title: Change / Transition Manager
Location: Bristol, BS31 2AT
Compensation: £42,544.00 + pension (up to 8% matched) + 25 days holiday
Role Type: Full time / Permanent
Job ID: SF44537
This is an opportunity for someone to join our service delivery team as a Change / Transition Manager. Working for the Service manager within Digital Solutions you will be primarily responsible for the Change Management process which includes scheduling, coordinating and the management of changes across the enterprise.
Who we are looking for?
We are looking for an accomplished Change Manager or current ITIL based Manager who understands Service Delivery. You'll be adaptable and won't be phased by changing priorities, actively seeking new ideas and techniques to take us forward into the future.
Appointment to this post is subject to National Security conditions governed by the Ministry Of Defence. You must be a British born, British national (not dual national) to apply for this role. Please do not submit an application if you cannot meet this requirement.
What will you be doing?
* The handling and assurance of all changes in order to minimize the impact upon service quality and day-to-day operations of the organization.
* Work with the Senior Management Team to assure and improve the change process and practices associated with the ISO20000 standard.
* Measure and monitor progress to ensure application changes are delivered on time and that they meet or exceed expectations.
* Participate in CAB meetings to discuss release scope and/or roadblocks
* Manage and Maintain Change records within the Service Management Tool (currently Hornbill)
* Define and measure success metrics.
* Deliver reports that fulfil Service Management requirements.
* Responsible for compliance with DRDL standards and working practices for Service Support and Service Delivery and not to deviate from these without authorisation.
The experience you'll bring
* Detailed understanding of ISO20000 and ITIL processes.
* Exceptional knowledge of systems development lifecycle
* Able to meet operational deadlines
* Excellent communication skills, coupled with attention to detail.
* Proven record in creating, reviewing, documenting & improving processes/work instructions
* Ability to work with technical and non-technical stakeholders
* Able to influence and guide the wider business on activities that impact upon release and change management.
* Minimum of 2 years' experience of change and project management.
* Minimum of 5 years of experience in an information systems operations environment.
* Formal training in project management practices preferred.
* General PC knowledge including Microsoft Office and Project Server. Expert level knowledge of Excel.
What a role with Babcock Digital Solutions offers?
* 25 days holiday + 8 days bank holidays
* Pension Plan (up to 8% matched)
* Employee Share plan
* Access to make a difference for a sustainable environment for future
* Trusted and empowered to deliver and be your best
For more than a century, Babcock, the Aerospace and Defence company, has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly skilled engineering services. We help customers in the UK and around the world to improve the capability, reliability, and availability of their most critical assets within the four market sectors of Marine, Land, Aviation, and Nuclear, underpinned by a deep understanding of technology integration, unique infrastructure, and specialist training.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, we need to ensure that our recruitment processes are regularly reviewed and adapted, as required, to ensure we're compliant with the latest government advice. We are striving to protect both our current and future employees by acting in a responsible way which reflects the restrictions we face.
To find out more about how COVID-19 is impacting Recruitment and On-boarding for applicants please visit our website.
All applications should be made online. Please use a desktop PC or laptop to create your account and apply for a job. Once you've completed this you'll be able to apply to jobs from mobile devices. If you experience difficulties please visit our careers page.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages please let us know and will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. We recognise the value that Serving Personnel, both Regular and Reserves, Veterans, Uniformed Cadet Instructors and Service Families contribute to our business and the United Kingdom. As part of the Covenant, Babcock offers Reservists and Uniformed Cadet Instructors up to 2 week's special paid leave to help them meet their commitments. To find out more please visit our website.
Closing date: 23rd June 2022