I'm recruiting for The Head of Fleet Compliance & Administration for a very well-known company. You will manage, promote, and enhance the fleet compliance, risk, and governance culture within as well as ensure all aspects of O License, workshop, and vehicle compliance requirements are understood, monitored, and enforced across the Group.
This role is also responsible for the central Fleet Administration function, looking after the maintenance of accurate records, processes, and reporting to meet operational and compliance requirements. This is a highly business-critical role given the dependence of the business on maintaining its O license compliance and the fundamental impact any failure would have on the overall Group.
About the position
- Ensuring that there is a standardisation of O License compliance across all the Group and that the Company achieves best in class O License governance. This entails managing compliance across all divisions
- Counsel Operational and Divisional Management on, Compliance, Risk Management, and Insurance issues, escalating any specific items that require special attention to the MD's. This will include the completion of a monthly summary report to the Board as well as updates to the SLT's by way of bi-annual presentations.
- Providing support to the Fleet Policy & Engagement Manager in relation to investigations into events of non-compliance and ensuring that appropriate corrective action has been taken
- Developing the analysis and communicating key compliance performance datasets to the business (MOT success rates, tacho compliance/infringement data, CPC coverage details, prohibition information, etc.)
- Supporting the Fleet Policy & Engagement Manager when dealing with external bodies i.e., Logistics UK/DVSA/Traffic Commissioners office etc.
- To be the main point of contact and have responsibility for managing the Licence Bureau and Logistics UK accounts.
- Management and development of systems and procedures to promote good governance i.e. registering/reporting offenses for of NIPs/PCN etc. and auditing of O License governance within the business
- Accountable for the preparation and ongoing management of O License renewals, applications, variations etc.
- Accountable through the Fleet Administration team for vehicle administration, including the O licence management, taxation, governance, NIPs/PCNs, hire desk, Tyre contract, fuel cards etc.
- Making sure continuing standards, controls and processes are in place, understood and conveyed to the business to maintain membership of the DVSA's Earned Recognition & FORS accreditation's. This will also involve confirming that all relevant preparatory and support measures are undertaken to accommodate the numerous annual audits (this will include ensuring auditor attendance at the audits).
- A chance to join a forward-thinking, industry leader that openly welcomes self-driven individuals who are unafraid to question convention
Here's what I require
- Degree or relevant business experience
- Member of a relevant professional body
- National CPC
- Detailed knowledge of functions and organisation of the Office of the Traffic Commissioners.
- LGV Engineering qualifications such as City & Guilds, NVQ etc.
- Driving Licence for Category B vehicles.
- Minimum 5 years of Fleet Compliance Management (LGV) experience within a compliance/regulatory role possibly gained from the logistics, supply chain, or manufacturing operations sectors.
- Direct experience in delivering positive regulatory governance.
- Managing an audit/admin team and strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Detailed knowledge of functions and organisation of the Office of the Traffic Commissioners
- Comprehensive Knowledge of LGV Fleet Operations and engineering/ maintenance.
- Assured, knowledgeable, highly motivated, engaging, cooperative, and confident in front of key stakeholders
- Strategically focused leader with a experienced record of turning strategy into results
- An excellent team building capability and of high-level stakeholder management
- The ability to communicate with conviction, plan with precision and, most importantly, play well with others.
- Large Fleet Management
- Up to £65,000 with car allowance + Performance bonus scheme - 25%
- laptop, telephone etc.
- Pension Scheme
- Annual Leave - 24 days increasing with length of service to 30 in total. Bank Holidays are on top of this
- Ongoing career development, training, and coaching.
- Medical and dental scheme.
- Retail and leisure discounts.
- Holiday and travel discounts.
- Bike to work scheme