A new opportunity has arisen for a Commercial Manager for our Recycling company in Pontefract. To provide a commercial view throughout the business; leading on contract management, driving commercial awareness, looking at opportunities on new product development and advising on day to day and project costings.
- Analyses sales and other business/industry reports to gain an insight into how a company can adjust improve performance.
- Be aware of Company rules and industry needs to ensure the Company stay relevant and recommend changes where needed.
- Project manage product/process development and investment opportunities
- Provide a lead on commercial sustainability viewpoint/needs
- Develop internal stakeholders' commercial awareness
- Assesses risks and makes recommendations based on a thorough analysis of all factors involved in a business situation.
- Responsible for the generation of comprehensive negotiation strategies, taking a lead on negotiations with key customers during contract renewal.
- Development of contract documentation
- Implement strategies to handle changes in business needs and legislation.
- Ensure the appropriate commercial and legal frameworks are in place to protect the company and its information.
- Work closely with the Heads of Departments on costing exercises and any other related requests
- Look at developing and realising new product sales opportunities
- Ensuring transparency of the costs of each product/process/project through regular analysis and reporting
- Research and source available business grants and funding suitable to the Company's ongoing expansion and development.
- Ensure the businesses ERP system is utilised fully to maximise it effectiveness from a commercial viewpoint
- Strong management and organisation skills
- Negotiating/Contract Management experience
- Decisiveness and commercial astuteness
- Ability to multitask
- Project management experience
- A Quantity Surveyor background would be beneficial
- Proficient in Excel and other Microsoft products and platforms
Monday - Friday 8.30am - 5pm
Salary Circa 50k
5% uncapped pension
If this sounds like an opportunity for you, apply today and all successful candidates will be contacted