Job Title: Site Supervisor - Rail Civils
Location: Belfast / Derry / Londonderry
Compensation: £42,758 plus Roster Premium, Overtime + Benefits
Role Type: Full time / Permanent
Role ID: SF43984
Be where you matter
At Babcock, we're creating a safe and secure world, together - and you can play your part. As a Site Supervisor - Civils, you'll help to deliver £multi-million rail projects in Northern Ireland through our partnership with the country's rail operator, Translink. Join us and you can develop priceless skills and experience as part of our international aerospace, defence, and security company. The future's ours to build. It all starts with you.
We have an exciting opportunity for you to join Babcock as a Site Supervisor - Civils, to take control of the supervision of the workforce on site to ensure safety, productivity and workmanship meet the necessary standard. Responsible for the supervision of Babcock employees and contractors, this is the ideal time to join and be part of a valued team, while also developing a future career at Babcock international.
Babcock International and Translink
From the £33m Coleraine to Derry~Londonderry rail systems project, to the Whitehead Station level crossing works: Babcock International is delivering major Northern Ireland rail plans, as partner to Translink. Building on these successes, we're growing and taking on even more high-profile projects such as the Belfast Transport Hub. Whether you're a skilled or aspiring rail professional, there's some incredible opportunities.
As the Civils Site Supervisor you will be required to carry out direct supervision on site of the internal workforce, agency labour, sub-contractors, and plant, including lifting appliances where certified. Your responsibility will be to ensure that all work is carried out, taking cognisance of safety procedures and legislation, while maintaining satisfactory levels of productivity; coupled with the accurate and timely recruitment and release of subcontract/agency resource to meet divisional needs.
What will you be doing?
* Ensuring all site operations are carried out safely and in accordance with relevant legislation, carrying out periodic site safety checks
* Reporting on accidents/near misses if required; also carrying out risk assessments as required
* Assisting in the planning of current on site operations and future projects, including resource planning and input into rostering
* Ensuring all relevant site records and paperwork are maintained as required by the Project Manager and providing input into preparation of Method Statements, reports etc
* Undertaking PICOP/Engineering Supervisor and COSS duties as required
* Implementing and participating in the Competency Assessment Programme
* Appropriate technical qualifications
* Time-served Tradesman
* Ability to supervise staff
* Understanding of competency assessment principles
* PICOP or COSS certificates
* Able to drive or willing to learn
* Understanding of site management of projects
* Must be fully flexible to workdays, evenings, nights, and weekends
* Must be willing to undergo pre-employment screening (including, but not limited to credit check, personal and employment references, qualification checks and a drugs & alcohol and medical assessment)
* Must hold or have the ability to obtain SC security clearance
What we offer
* Roster premium
* 28 days and Bank Holidays
* Overtime opportunities
* Auto Enrolment into the Babcock Pension Scheme
* Eligibility to join Babcock Share Scheme
* Cycle to Work Scheme
* BIG Benefits Employee Benefits Scheme
* Tailored personal development and training programme.
* Autonomy. Feel trusted to deliver
For over 130 years, we have helped to defend nations, protect communities, and build a better world. To continue, we must adapt, advance and be a sustainable business with a shared goal. Change begins with our people and our shared Principles: be curious; be courageous; own and deliver; think outcomes; collaborate; and be kind. These values not only guide the way we work, but also our efforts to reach net-zero carbon. Yes, our ambitions are big, but together, we can achieve them.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant.
All applications should be made online. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know. We're committed to building an inclusive culture where everyone's free to thrive.
Closing date: 30th June 2022