Job Title: P-Way Supervisor
Location: Belfast / Derry / Londonderry
Compensation: £36,203.00 - £42,758 + Company Van, Shift Allowance, Overtime + Benefits
Role Type: Full time / Permanent
Role ID: SF43989
Be where you matter
At Babcock, we're creating a safe and secure world, together - and you can play your part. As a P-Way Supervisor, you'll help to deliver £multi-million rail projects in Northern Ireland through our partnership with the country's rail operator, Translink. Join us and you can develop priceless skills and experience as part of our international aerospace, defence and security company. The future's ours to build. It all starts with you.
We have an exciting opportunity for a P-Way Supervisor to join our business, assisting in the planning and safe delivery of Track Renewals work packages ensuring compliance with the appropriate Group, Line Standards and Safety Legislation. This is a great opportunity to be part of a valued team, managing a number of individuals as well as on site gangs of agency staff, while at the same time developing a future career with Babcock International.
Babcock International and Translink
From the £33m Coleraine to Derry~Londonderry rail systems project, to the Whitehead Station level crossing works: Babcock International is delivering major Northern Ireland rail plans, as partner to Translink. Building on these successes, we're growing and taking on even more high-profile projects such as the Belfast Transport Hub. Whether you're a skilled or aspiring rail professional, there's some incredible opportunities.
As the P-Way Supervisor, you will assist in the detailed planning and execution of track renewals works as allocated by your Senior Supervisor. Effectively controlling a workforce, you will ensure the timely delivery of renewal requirements to allocated deadlines, while at the same time taking responsibility for directing and planning the activities of your site staff.
What will you be doing?
* Ensuring all works are carried out safely in accordance with Rules, Regulations and appropriate Safety Legislation
* Participating in the planning and preparation of Track Renewal works
* Co-ordinating/Chairing/Attending and recording site meetings
* Producing status and progress reports on site works
* Ensuring all works are undertaken in accordance with the WPP and any deviations from programme timings are reported in a timely manner
* Undertaking safety inspection as stipulated in Babcock procedures and Contract requirements
* Proven experience in Permanent Way maintenance/track renewals, as a Senior Infrastructure Technician or equivalent
* In depth knowledge of Track Renewals discipline
* Excellent knowledge of Rules and Regulations, HASAW and other appropriate regulations, including Group Standards
* Knowledge of financial controls
* Excellent interpersonal and man management skills
* Ability to drive
* Must be fully flexible to work days, evenings, nights, and weekends
* Must be willing to undergo pre-employment screening (including, but not limited to credit check, personal and employment references, qualification checks and a drugs & alcohol and medical assessment)
* Must hold or have the ability to obtain SC security clearance
What we offer
* Roster premium
* 28 days and Bank Holidays
* Overtime opportunities
* Auto Enrolment into the Babcock Pension Scheme
* Eligibility to join Babcock Share Scheme
* Cycle to Work Scheme
* BIG Benefits Employee Benefits Scheme
* Tailored personal development and training programme.
* Autonomy. Feel trusted to deliver
For over 130 years, we have helped to defend nations, protect communities and build a better world. To continue, we must adapt, advance and be a sustainable business with a shared goal. Change begins with our people and our shared Principles: be curious; be courageous; own and deliver; think outcomes; collaborate; and be kind. These values not only guide the way we work, but also our efforts to reach net-zero carbon. Yes, our ambitions are big, but together, we can achieve them.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant.
All applications should be made online. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know. We're committed to building an inclusive culture where everyone's free to thrive.
Closing date: 30th June 2022