Job Title: Senior Finance Manager - 9 to 12 Month FTC
Location: Glasgow, Blantyre, G72 0LH - 2 days per week/ home based 3 days.
Compensation: £60,000 - £65,000+ Benefits
Role Type: Full time / Contract
Job ID: SF44538
A Senior Finance Manager is required to back fill key tasks and project activities within the Finance Team for the Systems Alliance Framework at Babcock Rail in Scotland. This will free up time for current finance team members to allow them to support the development of the new ERP system IFS, currently in production.
Who we are looking for?
We are looking for a self-motivated and driven individual, a self-starter and seasoned professional who is not afraid of the detail. In this role you will be backfilling, which could involve either business partnering or working within central financial services, carrying out balance sheet reconciliations, group reporting or pulling together month end numbers with the Commercial Team.
What will you be doing?
Your main duties will include:
* This is a Project role focused on key initiatives and business as usual activities to free staff up for the system implementation.
* Support other emerging projects in central and divisional finance reporting to the Head of Finance who is running the project.
* Support emerging activities associated with the ERP implementation project.
* Ensure that appropriate and effective financial controls are in place for activities performed.
* Provide all Babcock financial requirements in a professional and timeous manner.
* Drive continuous improvement through adopting a 'can do' attitude. Assume responsibility for actions of themselves.
* Manage business projects designed to make an improvement to business performance.
* Key customers - Non finance stakeholders within Rail and Land Sector, as well as the Finance Director and Heads of Finance
The experience you'll bring
* Qualified Accountant with proven PQE
* Strong business/process analysis skills
* Excellent influencing and communication skills
* Experience of dealing with senior management
* Intermediate MS Excel
* Project Accounting experience
* Previous experience in the engineering or construction industry would be ideal
What a role with Babcock offers?
* Generous holiday entitlement
* Competitive money purchase pension scheme with life assurance
* Share ownership scheme
* Access to make a difference for a sustainable environment for future
* A tailored personal development and training programme.
* Autonomy. Trusted and empowered to deliver and be your best.
* We are happy to talk about flexible working. Please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview.
For more than a century, Babcock, the Aerospace and Defence company, has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly skilled engineering services. We help customers in the UK and around the world to improve the capability, reliability, and availability of their most critical assets within the four market sectors of Marine, Land, Aviation and Nuclear, underpinned by a deep understanding of technology integration, unique infrastructure, and specialist training.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. Click apply to find out more.
All applications should be made online.
We are committed to building an inclusive culture and strive to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know and will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.
Please follow the link when you apply to find out more about how COVID-19 is impacting Recruitment and On-boarding for applicants.
Closing Date:16th June 2022