An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Customer Facing Specialist to join our client, a leading global FMCG company with Brands such as Dove, Knorr, Persil & Magnum, based at their prestigious facility in Leatherhead. The role is to work in the office 2 days per week (Tuesday & Thursday) and the rest of the week to work from home. This is a full-time temporary role to start ASAP until 9th December 2022. It will be working a 36.25-hour week and is paying between £28,800- £36,000 per annum, pro rata, depending on experience.
The core purpose of the Customer Facing Order to Deliver Specialist role is to manage the service our client delivers to key customers, ensuring that every time their customer(s) deals with our client it is a positive experience and the perception of our client is held by our key customers therefore continually improves. The Customer Facing Order to Deliver Specialist is the voice of the customer within the business at an operational level and needs to hold others accountable for maintaining excellent service standards at all times.
Customer Facing Order to Delivery Specialists will be aligned to a specific customer or customers - this job description outlines the key accountabilities of every Customer Facing Order to Deliver Specialist within the team.
- Ensure prompt and professional feedback to all ad-hoc customer queries, working with internal stakeholders to source information as required
- Tailoring order shortage communications to meet / exceed customers' expected level of communication
- Working with Customer Development, Customer Replenishment Specialists, Customer Availability Specialists, and Stock Management to ensure external messages are simple, clear, and consistent
- Handling customer trade terms compliance issues at an operational level with their customer(s)
- Checking and confirming to customers that orders for new products have been processed successfully.
Customer Order Scheduling
- Working with Customer Account Team, Stock Control and the Katowice Operations Centre to proactively schedule customer orders, maximising Customer Service and avoiding stock / logistics / credit constraints.
Customer relationship building
- Alongside effective communications the Customer Facing Order to Deliver Specialist is responsible for building rapport with their customer contacts and strengthening the operational relationships with their customer.
Continuous improvement lead for their customer(s)
- Resolving ongoing issues (e.g. order receipt times, booking slot issues etc.)
- Analyse data and identify trends in delivery issues, creating action plans and where appropriate work with their customer(s) to reduce the number of incoming claims and improve invoice accuracy
- Ensuring master data within the system (e.g. ship to codes) is always up to date and cleaned to ensure internal processes do deliver accurate service to their customer(s)
- Implementing supply chain initiatives with key contacts at the customer (e.g. setup of new delivery point, lead-time reduction, weekend ordering etc.)
- Where appropriate the Customer Facing Order to Deliver Specialist may support their wider account team through specific ad-hoc reporting (e.g. range review reporting).
KEY SKILLS REQUIRED
- Outstanding customer service mindset, going the "extra mile" to ensure our customers always have a positive experience
- Excellent communication skills to build relationships with key external contacts and influence internal stakeholders
KEY EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED
- Firm foundation in Maths and English (GCSE Grade C or above).
- SAP experience
- Strong Excel skills
- Completed some form of further education (A-level or equivalent)
- Experience of working in a business to business customer facing role
- Experience in Supply Chain or FMCG.